Venice Beach Bash 2010 June 12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

U missed my food part. Im bringing chips and salsa from Tijunana flats. And I can bring 2 more tables if needed. I have a 5 ft and a 6 ft. K and the important question. Do we meet both boats at the same spot? The train station? or where? And I still have spare room at my place if anyone needs to crash. I am off that whole weekend so no prob. Tho now I have a new puppy lol.

U missed my food part. Im bringing chips and salsa from Tijunana flats. And I can bring 2 more tables if needed. I have a 5 ft and a 6 ft. K and the important question. Do we meet both boats at the same spot? The train station? or where? And I still have spare room at my place if anyone needs to crash. I am off that whole weekend so no prob. Tho now I have a new puppy lol.

Thanks for the food reminder, I will update that list.

And, this event, including the boat dives, will all be taking place at the beach where Alhambra ends, by the big condos. In the past, the boats have come as close to shore as was safe, and anchored, while the divers waded out to meet them.

The boats will be pulling up to the sand bar. We need to wade out to the boat. Hopefully, we have staggered the trips enough so both boats are not there at the same time. Just be ready to go when the boat shows up!

Edit to add: What Joyce said! :D

Krista & Jim; tables; tent, sandwich rings
Jenny (&HermitCrab?); Carmal Corn, Water. Birthday cake?
Bulla Clan;
MontanaFL & Scorpion2012; Mur (just ask ) and juice; cabana, chairs
reef Haven+1; a cooler full of ice and drinks, some snacks and cash
mselaneous, NetDoc, rgiles; paper goods: plates, cups, napkins, trashbags
Cardzard, Roxanne & Dive Club; cooler full of sodas, waters and juices for the kids, 2 gal. of ice tea, Table & lg cabana.
Brewone0to+1;
ScubaBill1955 + 1;
CMOST;
Walter + Dive Club;
Joystershell & MegaMikey; 5 Chairs and Cabana, Fresh Fruit Salad, Cash
Paul & Camille;Whatever is lacking, or cash
Fossilbabe & Chase; Shark tooth necklaces
Evil Scooter Kitty & Skruffy; A couple of large packs of hotdogs, buns, condiments (ketchup, mustard, relish-sweet and dill) GRILL and sliced oranges
DixieDolphin; Homemade rum cake or some other sort of cookies/sweet/etc
safyrewulfie & cub; chips and salsa, tables

Last edited:

If you saw Jenny has the time scheduled for boat pick up half an hour apart. Which is a great idea to keep divers less confused that boat they are supposed to be on. Did you see that we are going to be picked up at the beach? Same as what we have done in the last few birthday bashes. :wink:

I would like to remind divers that are going on the boat dives to swim out to the boats as quick as you can. Someone is the past has called and reported the boats to close to shore. DONT MAKE THE BOAT WAIT FOR YOU!
This is a great opportunity for everyone to get to enjoy a bone yard trip! Lets try to make their jobs as easy was we can. :D Also remember they dont know all of us it it hard to recognize you with a mask on, or assume your supposed to be on the boat. Have your gear ready at least 1/2 hour ahead of the time and be ready to start swimming out. :)

Jenny you might also want to remind everyone about the parking and such! Looks like we will have some newbies coming to the area and not familiar with protocol with the condo people. I'm so looking forward to this!!!!!!:blinking:

Ok, parking.
We park on a dead end street. Please do not block any driveways, especially at the condo!

Well, we just got home from the Sports Authority, with a large sunshade canopy, and a deal. We picked out the 10 x 10 unit, on sale for $99.99, regularly $189.99. When we were rung up, the cashier informed us that we only needed to spend one more penny (Quick, where are the chocolate bars?!?!?!?) to earn a $25 savings card, good anytime next week. Well, Mike is always buying more golf balls, so looks like our shade ended up costing us only $75. :D

Last edited:
Well, we just got home from the Sports Authority, with a large sunshade canopy, and a deal. We picked out the 10 x 10 unit, on sale for $99.99, regularly $189.99. When we were rung up, the cashier informed us that we only needed to spend one more penny (Quick, where are the chocolate bars?!?!?!?) to earn a $25 savings card, good anytime next week. Well, Mike is always buying more golf balls, so looks like our shade ended up costing us onlt $75. :D
Woohoo! Now THAT's a deal! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom