VENICE BEACH BASH - AUGUST 6TH, 2011 (Rescheduled Date)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MontanaFL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Scubaboard Venice Beach Bash - August 6, 2011

The All New and Improved, Rescheduled Scubaboard Venice Beach Bash Thread is here. I thought it would be easier to start a new thread than use the old old so here we go. I apologize for the late notice so get the word out. Lets make this year beach bash as fun as the others. Also using the same information as last time.

Jamie of Aristakat and Debra a/k/a Fossil Babe with the Big Flat Top have again volunteered to transport us back and forth to the boneyard for a one tank/one hour dive. This is their way way of saying Thank You to all the wonderful SB'rs who have used and recommended their services throughout the year.

There will be a tip jar for each boat for you to show our appreciation for volunteering their time and their expertise. Please be generou$ as they are being generou$ for us.

There will be three trips scheduled for each boat with a maximum of 6 divers per boat. Times are noted below for each boat. Please be suited up and ready to go before your scheduled time. We have a gap between the launches for safety so there is only one boat on the beach at any given time.

Aristakat
8:30 am
9:45 am
11:00 am

Big Flat Top
9:00 am
10:15 am
11:30 am

We will have use of a third boat should it be needed. So please pass on to everyone you know to sign up.

As always, we need food and drink. No alcohol. Sorry Jenny and Chad :drunks:. Please bring food stuffs that will not wilt or melt - this is August remember - snacks, munchies, drinks, paper products, clean up crew, tables, shade...and anything else you think will make this annual event a success.

Aristakat
8:30 am
Cardzard
Roxanne
Kurt

9:45 am

11:00 am

Big Flat Top
9:00 am
MontanaFL
Scorpion2012
Kenny
tvtech-diver

10:15 am

11:30 am

MontanaFL/Scorpion2012/Kenny - Cabana, Chairs, BIG bucket with ice, food, drink

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE THREAD SO IN THE EVENT,
GOD FORBID ANYTHING HAPPENS, WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT TO EVERYONE.

Directions to the beach:

From the north:
Head to Venice on I-75. Get off at exit 193 and turn right onto Jacaranda Blvd. Turn right on Venice Ave (CVS at the corner). Stay on Venice Ave until after you've crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge - Harbor Drive S. Turn right at the 5th street down - Alhambra Road. Follow to the end of the road.

From the south:
Head to Venice on I-75. Get off at exit 193 and turn left onto Jacaranda Blvd. Turn right on Venice Ave (CVS at the corner). Stay on Venice Ave until after you've crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge - Harbor Drive S. Turn right at the 5th street down - Alhambra Road. Follow to the end of the road.

If you wish to use your GPS, the address for the condo at the of Alhambra Road is 633 Alhambra Road, Venice, FL 34285.

Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible and without blocking access to the beach from the road. Most of us will be carrying all of our gear to the beach and will need easy access without having to walk around vehicles. Be careful not :no: to block the driveway to the condo or to the homes along the street.

Should you need any other information, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please put me on the 9:45 Aristakat. Thanks!
Will bring something refreshing, don't know just yet..

Excellent! CoolTech and KBeck on the 10:15 Big Flat Top, please.

Since my surgery was completed today, I should be good to go by the 6th!

Please put jimw and divedivadm on the 10:15am Big Flat Top boat trip. Thanks so much for doing this!! We're in a rut--put us down for mac and cheese again.

Put me down for the 9:45 on the Aristakat pretty please. And I'll make orange brownies, and greek salad minus the salad :D

Once again, I hope to join you. I'll skip the boats so others who don't get here so often can have my spot.

I have never done this. Could someone give me an idea of what it is like (vis, how the dives work, how deep, etc)? It sounds interesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom