Venice Beach Dive Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am doing a few last minute chores....Then we are on our way!!!
If I remember to add it to the other stuff we are taken, I will have a rubber mallet (I feel like we are moving!!!)
Cann't wait to see/meet everyone I am sure we will all have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walter + 1 (maybe 2 divers from Caloosa Dive Club)
Wendy
NetDoc + The Scuba Ducks (16?)
Amber + (Mom not diving)
MikeJacobs + Marvel
Knavey + Cindy
Scuba_Jenny + 1 non-diver + 3 kiddo's
Seadog (Don & Pat)
Kjunheart (temporary non diver)+ Brian (maybe)
Aguadog + 1 non-diving SO
Wildbill + 2 non-divers
Debbraey + Medical1 + 1 non-diving kiddo
8buck
Harvo
CBulla (our newest member!) + KBulla
Pdoege
RicanDiver + 1 GF

Ok I am loading the car up after work, getting my tanks filled and heading south at O'dark:30 in the morning. I made a nice poster (I think its nice) to stick in the sand so you know where we are located on the beach. I am also bring a couple of fresh pineapples for post dive (my fav after dive snack) and I'll have the door prizes (still trying to figure out the best way to do that, but I'll come up with something today. I drive a 2 door grey neon with a belize sticker in the back window and a dive outpost cave diving bumper sticker.

Just got my rental gear (only active diver in the family and at 17 it takes time to get your own lol) and I'M READY!! Getting all excited like a kids first trip to Disney. I might just sleep with my gear on :wink:

Side thought, are there public bathroom facilities? lol

Amber once bubbled...
Just got my rental gear (only active diver in the family and at 17 it takes time to get your own lol) and I'M READY!! Getting all excited like a kids first trip to Disney. I might just sleep with my gear on :wink:

Side thought, are there public bathroom facilities? lol

There are no public rest rooms that I saw where we will be. Just hope none of us will have to do anything other than pee during the day. It looked like the public access beach was a little bit down from where we will be (less than a mile) so we can just hike up there in groups I guess. Like little side trip pee-parties. :)

Also I have lost some weight in the past 3 months (about 13% of my body weight), so after my first dive I will be doing a weight check so I will be properly weighted on my second dive (first dive will be a guess). Anyone wanting to check weights is welcome to splash around in the water with me.

Rain does not bother me, but the last couple mornings it has been raining.

Bathrooms are at the public beach which is a very short walk (½ mile) north on the beach.

The 2nd diver from CDC will not be joining us.

I have buddy lines for most everyone and plan to make 5 or 10 more tonight which should have everyone covered. Am I counting right - 39 divers?

See everyone between 7:30 and 8:00 tomorrow morning - should be fun even if it does rain.

Looks like it going to be a huge turnout. I told my wife about the day at Venice Beach and she was interested in meeting folks. Too bad we’ll miss it though. I’m currently packing up the truck and boat for a week long trip to Marathon on Sunday morning. Just bad timing for us.

Enjoy folks.

I'll have to check on the health of my 7 gal water jugs (i.e. broken spouts or not) but if one is serviceable I will have at least 7 gal fresh drinking water available. If there is room I'll slide a portable table to put things (masks, etc,) so they arent just tossed into the sand to be scratched.

What time did the rain roll in today (Friday)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom