Venice Beach Dive Sat Oct 15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1:
I think I'll give it a shot this weekend. Must go slow shoulder still not 100%
Nor is mine, but I'm at it 100% of what I can do every day!! Saturday is diving at Venice, nothing tough there!! :)

I gotta bow out. It looks like I'm working this weekend.

i might be passing through may catch an early single dive. i've not dove south of the
main beach area. I see esplanade st turns into alhambra st, i've seen the pier from the north you guys dive around the pier area, ocala st. ?

kevin

ReefGuy:
Vis changes there on a daily basis, but averages around 2'-10'. Cbulla and I were there two weeks ago, and the vis was 10'-15' when I was thinking the trip was in vain. Give me 6", and I'll call it doable. :)

the water was warm, 86. I wore my skin and was glad I'd forgotten my shorty.

Hey Reef, long time no see. My wife and I met you and your family a couple years ago for a beach dive over in Venice......we were the ones with the condo just down the road from Alhambra. How did you and the family do with the big hurricane last year?

Kevin, we park right at the end of Alhambra (careful not to block the condo's and red 'end of road' signs) and dive straight out off of what USED to be the pipes... now its a reference off the corner of the condo's. :)

pm sent
RedBull:
Hey Reef, long time no see. My wife and I met you and your family a couple years ago for a beach dive over in Venice......we were the ones with the condo just down the road from Alhambra. How did you and the family do with the big hurricane last year?

Just wondering how you made out today?
I got a few megs on the charter.
Will post pic when cleaned up.

Went out today and met up with the older fella, Bill, and UB, and Capt Morgan and another guy who dives for teeths for $. The $ guy was out doing an exploratory and came back just as we were suiting up (he was out a while so we figured he was toothin') and said "don't even bother, its so bad I can't tell where I'm at.. 8" at best!"

Soooo... my wife, Sean from the dive shop, and I headed down to Dog park.. the same nasty clouds that were up at Alhambra were there to. Soooooo.. we went down to Manasota Key. What a refreshing dive that was! The water temp was 80 and it took some coaxing to get my wife and sean to leave the 12' zone and to the 14-18' area but once out there it was a nice little tooth patch. Found a handful of teeth and a camel molar. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom