Venice Beach Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs once bubbled...
Sounds like you may be able to make a living at this!

Duno about this, but I can guarantee that this is a well aerated place!

NaCL H2O Boy - Gracias bro! I'll take a walk a little further down and see what I can find. I hit a sweet spot about 300 yards from shore.. had teeth galore, bones, and had a mostly clay soft clay bottom. I've not been able to find it since!! Talk about driving me nuts! :D

If the weather permits I may drive down Saturday morning. I could be there by say 10am or so... But I gotta go buy another car this week, so if I don't get a chance to pick one up, it may be Sunday for the dive.

The sandbars are anyway.

That wonder spot is likely still right where you found it except there is probably a nice layer of sand on top. :D

Just takes the right combination of tide, current, wave and wind action and holding your mouth right for it to be uncovered for your plunder again.

1/2 mile south of Alhambra? Right around the pier? I was there once, but the vis was awful. This weekend is still up in the air for me, but I think I might be going out on Thursday.

I met up with the guy who makes the fakes. WC isn't someone's name, it stand sfor Water Closet (castings). The guy who makes them is pretty cool. Wears a 4" meg tooth for a necklass. I came upon him on Sunday, and he had already found a whole 3" tooth and two partials. He said Saturday he found a whole 5" tooth.

He gave me a few tips that I plan to experiment with on Thurs. BTW, the whole and two pieces he had, he had found on his first dive. He was going back out as I was packing up.

ReefGuy once bubbled...
1/2 mile south of Alhambra? Right around the pier? I was there once, but the vis was awful. This weekend is still up in the air for me, but I think I might be going out on Thursday.

It's a little ways north of the pier. There is a guy that always has his dive boat anchored out in that area. The first time we tried that area last Friday, the vis wasn't real good. The winds kept blowing out of the east though, so the next day the vis was a lot better. From what I heard though, the vis that day was a rarity for that spot. It's about 20' deep in that spot, and the best chances for megs are in the thicker vegetation. That was where everyone else was finding their megs.

vegetation here I come! My poking around in that hasn't yeilded to much to date, but then again I get distracted with the sea horses, pipe fish, etc., when I am down... sometimes I feel like announcing "my favorite color is clear!" when I surface because of how distracted I have been. Right! Weather permitting, its a small bag and two gloves dive! :)

Has anyone picked a day for this weekend's dive yet? I usually do Sunday, but I think this weekend, I can do either. Weather wise, Sunday looks like a better day.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom