Venice Dive Report 05/07/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we have never been to service club. Where are the culverts/reef ?

There is an elevated wooden walkway from the parking lot to the beach - we basically swam straight out from the end of the walkway and discovered the culverts. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact depth but think it was around 20-21' or so, it was past the end of the pier.

Neither Florida West in Venice or Gaspers Dive'N Board in Englewood had their boats going to the Boneyard today so thought I'd try AristaKat from DepthFinders in Port Charlotte.

The boat is a 28' center-console catamaran and has a nice custom ladder off the center of the transom between the engines for easy boarding after the dive. First dive was a little over an hour and second dive was about hour and a quarter. The captain requested that we finish each dive at 1.5 hours or return with 500psi, whichever comes first. (-Edit-: In another thread somebody mentioned a time limit of 1.25 hours, so I might be wrong on my 1.5 above)

Divers consisted of myself, a gal visiting from up north, a fellow from Port Charlotte, and a visiting couple from Canada for a total of 5 customers. The crew consisted of the Divemaster (who also did the dives) and the Captain.

Divemaster/Captain were very friendly and assisted the divers with gear setup, tank swaps between dives, etc. Also each diver group/pair was given a flag so it was easy for the captain to keep track of folks instead of trying to follow the bubbles.

I found numerous typical small teeth along with a few small megs which are in the bottom right corner of the third photo. The largest tooth found by anyone was around 4"+ but had a corner missing. The couple from Canada had some nice medium sized Megs in very good condition.

Depth was around 30' and the water temp was 76.

Attachments

• IMG_8105.JPG
    IMG_8105.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8102.JPG
    IMG_8102.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8100.JPG
    IMG_8100.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 40
Never heard of this charter service..What is their contact info? Any website? Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom