Venice shore tooth finds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3ddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I will be down with the family next week and will be in Venice for a day. I am planning on a shore dive but I would like my 7yo daughter to be able to find some teeth of her own. Is there a good spot in the area to find teeth on the shore also? All of the times I have been to Venice we have not seen them on the beaches.

Get a Florida snow shovel so that you can sift through the sand. They sell them at Walmart.

Fossilbabe's advice is spot on.....Casperson is a prime site for hunting for fossil teeth along the Venice beaches. Use a sifter "florida snow shovel" and look for patches of black sand along the water edge. Most of the teeth you'll find are small so closely examine the sifted material.

Just go to Caspersons Beach and follow the white haired people with the Florida snow shovels! They can't see the teeth, so they make the nice little piles and walk away. Then you can follow up and pick the teeth out! LOL No kidding! Been there, done that!

Well we went to Casperson beach and Service Club. We only found a couple of tiny teeth but my daughter still had a blast picking up shells so its all good. I also ended up with a Florida snow shovel after my daughter saw everyone else using them. In all of the times I have been to Venice this is the first I have eaten at Sharkeys. It was very good food, not cheap but very good. I was also surprised that I didnt see a diver all day at either beach. Thanks for all of the help

Thanks Fossilbabe and others! Not sure what the viz is looking like today, but think we're going to grab some tanks and hit Caspersen this afternoon so the fam can find shells and snorkel for teeth while Steven and I dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom