Veo 100 feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charlie99:
Why not?

Do you also believe that one cannot dive on nitrox while planning the dives with an air table?

Do you find it difficult to track oxygen exposure manually?

Do I find it difficult? No. Might someone else? Given what I have seen, yes. And since I plan my Nitrox dives with EAD and air tables (or V-Planner) I would say without a doubt you can plan them this way.

gcbryan:
How can you argue in one post for using computes and in another against using computers?

I am making no argument for or against the use of a computer. I think it's prudent to learn to dive without one, and I choose not to use one for my personal diving. But that says nothing of the next person. However, I think if someone is going to be reliant upon a computer, then it makes sense to use one that is designed for the gas being breathed. I would not track nitrox with an air computer, and I would not track trimix with a nitrox computer.

Of course, people do as they please.

jbt:
I have talked to some dive masters who have said that they make all their divers keep their computers in air mode for added safety. So other than watching my depth for my particular mix, I don't see an advantage in getting a nitrox capable computer. Or am I wrong?

That's weird. A lot of the dives I do in Cozumel involve a deep dive on air and then a 2nd dive on Nitrox 32. I once forgot to set my computer to Nitrox 32 for the 2nd dive and had to tie off so it could finish it's deco. If you really want to do deco, I would either use it in gauge mode or get a gas switching computer.

Don't do it.

I bought the veo 100 about a year or so ago thinking I would never be interested in nitrox. Now here I am considering getting the nitrox cert because I've learned that sometimes diving nitrox is nice or even important. Spend more now and it may save you money later.

one area in which you do not want to be a penny-pincher, is in purchasing life support (i.e. scuba) equipment. scuba equipment is an investment, and with normal care will last you for years. you'll be kicking yourself in the butt in the near future, if you don't get a 200 or 250 now. and who knows, you might even decide to go with a console or hoseless comp one day. good divers are always learning and evolving, and working on better equipment setup, configuration, ergonomics, etc. chances are that sooner or later, you'll interact to some degree with EAN. save yourself the hassle and get a comp that will do both.

I wonder why Bikini atol has all oceanic computers on their not recomended list. Anyone know?

Maybe Oceanic is not a brand they sell. Since it's essentially the same as an Aeris, they've knocked out two of the most popular computers on the market.

Hmmm, it suprises me that so few computers make their cut, and one that does is 15 years old , ie the monitor 2.

jbt:
Hmmm, it suprises me that so few computers make their cut, and one that does is 15 years old , ie the monitor 2.

what surprise me is how often the Bikini thing comes up....

honestly it's no very scientific or up to date or much of anything actually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom