Video: Granite Point Wall 12/4/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great video, Kenn! I was one of the divers in the LA crowd...and unfortunately I didn't have a chance to say thanks for helping us pull our gear out of the water!

I have NO idea how you guys are able to do a 3+ hour dive! One hour with argon and my thickest undergarments...and my fingers were still freezing. That said, Lobos is gorgeous...so there's plenty to keep you entertained. :) I miss being up there already!!

During Fundies the surface meetings were dreadful. All the gas exits the legs and feet and then the cold sets in quickly. Plus we were moving around pretty good in the waves. Going back under was not only warmer, but more comfortable all around.

Yeah, you hit the nail squarely on the head. I believe it would be quite rude to get all ottered-up while the instructor is trying to give you feedback :)

Great video, Kenn! I was one of the divers in the LA crowd...and unfortunately I didn't have a chance to say thanks for helping us pull our gear out of the water!

I have NO idea how you guys are able to do a 3+ hour dive! One hour with argon and my thickest undergarments...and my fingers were still freezing. That said, Lobos is gorgeous...so there's plenty to keep you entertained. :) I miss being up there already!!

It was great to see you guys (again) Jen. I apologize for not being more approachable out of the water, we all have non-diving spouses/SOs, which while great for halving the dive budget, requires almost single-minded chip-chop efficiency when it comes to gearing up and and cleaning up afterwards.

But man, that ramp at low tide...it's hard enough when the ocean is as still as it was yesterday, isn't it? Throw in some wave action and I've often thought "Oh god please spare me the utter embarrassment of perishing at the edge of the water." :rofl3:

But man, that ramp at low tide...it's hard enough when the ocean is as still as it was yesterday, isn't it? Throw in some wave action and I've often thought "Oh god please spare me the utter embarrassment of perishing at the edge of the water." :rofl3:

Too bad you were able to get some video of the Monkey faced eel... It was really neat seeing him sitting there a hands reach away from you.

Jen it was great chatting with you guys... next time you guys come up we'll have to come up with different sites for you to explore :)

Last time I dove at Lobos we exited at a very low tide and we had to climb up to the edge of the ramp. Damn that was hard. I was seriously considering just floating until the tide came in.

Another bunny theme fan here... I'll have to come up with something for my shaky green washed videos I'm taking with my camera.

I've got so many questions for you I'm not going to bother. It did appear that the tank the diver was lugging like a loaf of bread was neutral buoyant... That's some serious air... hence the three hour underwater tour dive time..... wow!

Thanks for sharing

Very nice video!

How exactly do you get behind GPW?

Trying to finish up some editing of what I shot that weekend.

Thanks, again, Kenn for your help pulling bottles and scooters.

Very nice video!

How exactly do you get behind GPW?

GPW is actually a really long, skinny pinnacle. I don't think the top ever breaks the surface, so you can go over it at any point, but the two easiest ways to cross over are a big 15-ft notch cut across the top of the wall (at about 60ft depth), or just swimming around the end of the wall at ~80ft depth.

There's a lot of fantastic topography back there - needle-like pinnacles, canyon/trench runs. It'd be an absolute blast on scooters. During the summer months the kelp cover is so thick behind the wall that it seems to the life of me like a night dive.

Please let us know if you post up your video :) The main reason I put mine up on SB is in hopes that others will do the same!

Until next time,
Kenn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom