Video Listings Sub-forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversteve

always tired
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Should we have a sub-forum just for people to post links to their videos?

Maybe in place of the video marketplace?

Im cool with that. Count me in. Mark

And have the forum in categories

Reef
Wreck
USA
Outside USA
Etc.
This way, anyone wanting to research a place can find it easily and watch the videos.

Count me in!

ScubaBob92651:
Sounds good. Also would be really nice to be able to embed (not link) something other then youtube videos in posts...

Flash, Quicktime, and WMV be priority I think?

I've had good experience wth Divx stage 6 website. The quality blows youtube away. I have links in my sig to my videos on youtube and stage6. You will need to download the divx player software if you don't already have it, but believe me, it is totally worth it.

I guess using the sharing sites work ok, but I'd rather encode them myself and host from my own web server. All we are missing here is some embed codes.

Do you worry about bandwidth ? I used to host my videos from my website, but sometimes would exceed my bandwidth allowance because of too many downloads. This came up when I started to post higher resolution (bigger filesize) vids.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom