Video Listings Sub-forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronscuba:
Do you worry about bandwidth ? I used to host my videos from my website, but sometimes would exceed my bandwidth allowance because of too many downloads. This came up when I started to post higher resolution (bigger filesize) vids.

So far it hasn't been to bad. Can't say I really like my web hosting service that much, but I have 1.5TB a bandwith per month ($20/mo). They do offer 250GB/mo for around $5.

We need at least 5 more people (12) to agree before I can ask to have this created...
177 views? must be more than just the 7 of us looking at this post...

If not already a go...you got my vote. Rattle Baracuda 2 and Dr.Bill, I'm sure they will join in.

I'm trying to get a better mental image of why people want to post video -- anyone care to articulate their thoughts on that? I know there are lots of reasons, and lots of other things people can do with video other than posting it, though posting is one of the easiest. Is posting so popular because it is so easy?

I'm trying to get a better mental image of why people want to post video -- anyone care to articulate their thoughts on that? I know there are lots of reasons, and lots of other things people can do with video other than posting it, though posting is one of the easiest. Is posting so popular because it is so easy?

I'm a little surprised to see this question in the video section of a scuba forum, but what the heck, I'll give my reasoning.

Share with people that also enjoy diving.

Feedback to improve.

Boost my ego (it's always nice to hear positive feedback).

Share with friends or family that don't live close by.

In a nutshell, same reason people post pictures. You are excited about the photo/video you took and you want to show someone.

And let's face it. How many friends and family members do you have that dive ? There are thousands of divers surfing the net that will appreciate a scuba video or photo more than a non-diving friend or relative.

And, it's easy.

Another benefit is that people can see what a particular video camera model/ setup can produce (+/- user error :wink: ). My shooting and editing skills are extremely amateurish but what I hope to do is 1) let others experience what I've seen in my dive travels and 2) let people see how well/ poor a certain camera performs u/w. Also, I'm too lazy to burn DVD's and mail them around the world to my friends :wink:

sjspeck, put me down on your list.

Back
Top Bottom