Video of diving Anacapa Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John:

Very nice video. It tells a nice story, has a lot of marine life, and some humor in the credits! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

By the way, for us "warm water wimps" in Florida, what was the water temp at Anacapa in late September? What were you guys wearing -- 7mm?

I've only been diving one year. Already been to Belize and Great Barrier Reef. However the best dive I ever had was at Anacapa on the Specter at Cathedral Cove. Nothing beats diving through a sunlit kelp forest to playing with sea lions. Great video

Outstanding underwater footage! Nice job keeping the camera steady.

Great editing. Nice choice on the soundtrack.

It insipred me to do 2 things: (1) Dive the Cathedral at Anacapa Island; (2) Move from stills to underwater video.

I use Studio 8. Yes, the title tools in 8 are pretty extensive and flexible. So are the transition tools. I do not like Pinnacle's DVD rendering and burn software. Hope version 9 is better. It would be interesting to see this video imported into Studio 9 as an AVI file and touched up some more.

Thanks much for sharing.

debersole:
By the way, for us "warm water wimps" in Florida, what was the water temp at Anacapa in late September? What were you guys wearing -- 7mm?
7mm wetsuits were the dress code for the day (my wife and I just bought drysuits, so that will probably be the last time we dive the Channel Islands in wetsuits). According to my dive computer, the water temp on all three dives was about 62 on the surface, 60 at depth. And "at depth" is a phrase which here means "30 - 40 feet", since that's as deep as we got at any of those sites, all of which are fairly shallow. We dove Cathedral Cove, the Garden Spot (which is the east end of Cathedral Cove), and Underwater Arch, where we were mobbed by sea lions and I got all the footage that will be used in my next video. I suspect the temperature would have dipped into the high 50's if we had dived anywhere that got deeper than 60 - 70 feet.

Although in fairness, my wife probably felt a LOT colder than that thanks to the wetsuit malfunction mentioned in the end credits...

I'm green with envy now. I've done dives sites in the Coronados and Catalina which were supposed to be guarranteed sea lion dives and saw nada. I didn't know there even were sea lions at Anacapa, and you not only got a great encounter, but also perfect footage! Lucky!

undrwater:
Hmmm....requires WMP9 or higher. Any chance of converting this into a formt that everyone can view, such as DIVX?

Thanks for making it available, though.

I sit corrected! :embarass: I just checked it out again today, and was able to watch with Firefox/MplayerPlugin in full-screen goodness! :D

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom