[Video] Shaw's Cove - Thanksgiving Morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know what the other option is, right? You actually learn how to use one of the cameras! :)

hahaha, you're funny :rofl3:

I'm surprised you haven't figured out how hopeless I am yet!

The first part of that video looks like one of those computer-generated underwater screen savers, with the bright orange fish flitting about. Garibaldis just simply don't look real.

I sure envy you guys the viz you get!

I assure you, vis was not nearly as good as the video made it look. Of all the dives I've done in the PNW, our local shore diving is really not much/any better vis. That dive ranged anywhere from about 5 feet (which I'm sure was not included in the video) to about 15 feet (which looks damn near tropical in the video!).

hahaha, you're funny :rofl3:

I'm surprised you haven't figured out how hopeless I am yet!

You just need a few pointers and some practice. Have Stephen show you the basics! :)

I assure you, vis was not nearly as good as the video made it look. Of all the dives I've done in the PNW, our local shore diving is really not much/any better vis. That dive ranged anywhere from about 5 feet (which I'm sure was not included in the video) to about 15 feet (which looks damn near tropical in the video!).

I'd have said 10-20' depending on area. It really wasn't anything spectacular. Nice dive, though!

The first part of that video looks like one of those computer-generated underwater screen savers, with the bright orange fish flitting about. Garibaldis just simply don't look real.

I sure envy you guys the viz you get!

Realistically the vis here runs 5-15 ft and it's very surgy most days at those depths (18-35 ft). Don't let the video fool you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom