Video: This is Cozumel. With Aldora Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have a knack for this doc. Enjoyable music video with quick hit edits. Time sequence of the ending sunset was delightful.

Thanks for the kind comments. I have realized that when I watch dive videos it tends be easier on the attention span when there are numerous quick 2-6 second cuts... even better when in somewhat sync to the music. Other videos which are composed primarily of long shots, although beautiful, are challenging to watch through the entirety.

Just my personal preference. I'm sure there are those who really like calm beautiful flowing videos set to instrumental music, which I occasionally really enjoy as well :)

Loved the video. Not too long. Love the time lapsed and short cuts all blended together with funky music. Admit I had to turn down the volume (way down) as it was too much but overall it was fun to watch.

Thanks for sharing
Betty

---------- Post added April 27th, 2014 at 07:48 PM ----------

Just returned from a stay at the Palace and also dove with Aldora last week. I've been editing my video but wow, seconds thoughts on sharing. Nice job!

Loved your video! I have same camera setup.. Colors were very vivid.. What color of filter from backscatter did you use? Thanks!

---------- Post added April 27th, 2014 at 07:48 PM ----------

Just returned from a stay at the Palace and also dove with Aldora last week. I've been editing my video but wow, seconds thoughts on sharing. Nice job!

Thanks! I would be excited to see what video you were able to get there. Please post it!

---------- Post added May 13th, 2014 at 01:33 AM ----------

Loved your video! I have same camera setup.. Colors were very vivid.. What color of filter from backscatter did you use? Thanks!

Mostly I ended up sticking with the Dive filter. I used the Deep filter more in the beginning according to the labeled depth recommendations to mixed results. It just appears to be much more camera orientation sensitive. If you are using the Deep filter and the sun somewhat direct behind your subject, the footage looks really washed out red and it takes more effort to color correct in post editing. So I just used the Dive filter. However under the right conditions the Deep filter can provide more color than the Dive filter. As an example: C-53 wreck dive video. Pretty much the first below water scenes are done with the Dive filter. At 00:49 I switched to the Deep filter with some improvement in results as far as color

full screen link:
https://vimeo.com/91363821

[video=vimeo;91363821]https://vimeo.com/91363821[/video]

Later in the video at 01:51 while inside the wreck I went from the Deep filter to NO filter. Originally I regretted it as the colors were bad but by using the power of ProTune RAW and Studio2.0 I was able to color correct to a more palatable color.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom