viper/brigade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dannybot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Dacor Viper, my wife has a Mares Brigade. Are there any differences betweet the two? They look the same other than the name decals, they perform the same. Also any advice about hte initial freeflow when entering the water. We remove them from the holder and cove the mouth piece while purging, it seems to work, but would like an easier simpler way if possible.

We really like the compactness, the holder and that they are side exhaust, so orientation is not important when using.

Danny,

They are the same. The only difference could be the 1st stage as the Viper series was offered in different 1st stage and 2nd stage configurations.

As far as the free flow goes. The only thing at this point you can do is to have a certified technician adjust the cracking effort to be little less sensitive. There is a fine line when tuning a 2nd stage. You want the cracking effort to be as close to free flow as you can with out free flow. This makes it easier to begin the draw of air and less resistance through the breathing cycle. Increasing the cracking effort will most likely solve your problem.

Hope this helps.

Zak

Ivan,

How much larger did you drill the hole?

Danny

The story with the Brigade name plate on them is Dacor dropped them from the line. They were not going to make them anymore - or at least not for distribution in the states. I got bummed! I like the small, compact nature, and the fact that in an emergency, there is no up or down - no orientation issues that will end up someone not being able to clear it. And the OOA diver can be on your left or right without twisting up the hose.... So I called them up and said I wanted them to make them for me. Just put our Registered name Brigade that we use with the Zeagle BC's that they custom make for me as well.

They said cool... so we made them and started selling them. Well, a bunch of other stores were upset that we had them and no one else could get them - so they decided to re-release them - but couldn't use our name... so they picked some others.

But yes... same product inside.

And as far as free flow on entry - virtually every reg wants to free flow when you hit the water and put a lot of pressure on the diaphragm while there is still an air pocket on the mouthpiece side.

As far as the adjusting - Here is a thread that shows how it's done what size nut driver to adjust mares metal proton? - ScubaToys Diving Forum - but I'm not going to tell you that you should do it if you don't want to... we'd be glad to adjust it down for you at no charge if you wish - or just try some of the other tips here and see if it works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom