Visayas Itinerary feedback wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ByrdDiver

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My fiancé and I are planning a trip to Philippines in early 2024 and are looking for suggestions. We like both big animals and macro and are considering a Live aboard so that we can experience the best of both worlds. After doing some research, we want to make sure we hit Malapascua to see Thresher sharks and Moalboual for the sardine runs. Look like limited schedules and wondering how the conditions and wildlife are in Jan / Feb? Also, any feedback on Aggressor Philippines (Multiple previous, positive experiences in other locations)

LoB is not necessary if only interested in Malapascua and Moalboal.

Three routes are offered by Aggressor. Pity that Visayas 360 does not include Southern Leyte which is the best in the area. I have noticed Camotes is included in the itinerary and the Tulang Wall is very good. There is a deep wreck Boholana Princess not too far from it. Did one deep air dive on it and it was interesting. It is in Trimix range to be honest.

Thanks for the information. Any additional details on weather conditions or visibility during Jan or early February? Do whale sharks migrate through during this time?

Cooler weather.

It is whaleshark season in Southern Leyte.

Another place is Oslob but:

I am neutral in this because not everyone would have money and time to watch this gentle giant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom