Visited my new LDS today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Furner

Contributor
Reaction score
I asked for some small bolt snaps, and got the response "Umm, what are those?". Explained what they are, and "Ummm, I dont think we carry anything like that". I even told them this is the kind of thing commonly used on reels and lift bags, and they did not know what these two items were either. This is a Sea-quest USA dealer, and a listed Dive-Rite dealer. Very surprised that they dont even know what a bolt-snap is, or carry them (I looked around the public area and didnt see any).
Pretty dissappointed with the LDS in my new hometown

Furner:
I asked for some small bolt snaps, and got the response "Umm, what are those?". Explained what they are, and "Ummm, I dont think we carry anything like that". I even told them this is the kind of thing commonly used on reels and lift bags, and they did not know what these two items were either. This is a Sea-quest USA dealer, and a listed Dive-Rite dealer. Very surprised that they dont even know what a bolt-snap is, or carry them (I looked around the public area and didnt see any).
Pretty dissappointed with the LDS in my new hometown

hmmm...

maybe ask for a "clippy-thingy"...sometimes when I mention this, they light up and say, "oh....those! You use these for diving?!!!"

They might be a Dive-Rite dealer but do they stock their products or do they order it when a customer asks for it?

Any other shops within a 30 minute drive?

No others close at all. I have one close to my home, but I am gone at school for most of the year. I did see dive-rite regs, but no dive-rite bc gear. i even described it as "little silver clips". rawr

Hey Guys -- we have the largest stock of Stainless Steel Bolt Snaps and Double End Snaps in the biz.

Most dive stores don't stock these things. Why? I have no idea other than they are an inventory nightmare. However we got em and ship them to divers all over the world every day.

http://www.techdivinglimited.com

Click on Accessories and you are on your way.

When you place your order. Just mention SCUBA BOARD in the comments box and we will take an extra 5% off the order.

Thanks

I just bought all my bc gear from diveriteexpress.com
I need a few small parts, plus service on my apeks regs, and i wanted to throw my LDS some business. maybe i will look elsewhere...

I live in Brandon , and buy all my Dive Rite stuff from Mark at fe
they are great folks and have never had a problem
If you are in the area ,check out the his fill set up

Plus one block ( I think west ) is a great sub shop

I always go with empty gut and tanks

Dive Safe

mark s

Furner:
I just bought all my bc gear from diveriteexpress.com
I need a few small parts, plus service on my apeks regs, and i wanted to throw my LDS some business. maybe i will look elsewhere...

Maybe you should have started with the LDS!!!!

DEEPLOU:
Maybe you should have started with the LDS!!!!

Read the thread from the start............oops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom