Visiting Atlantis in Dumaguete April/May 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings from Dumaguete!

Sharon, that's quite a list of must-see critters you got there! The Atlantis Dive Team will try to live up to the hype. :D

Two types of diving in Dumaguete: coastal dives- critter hunting in sandy areas and patch reefs; we go really slow and look for the really cool critters; if you're a photographer the coastal sites are macro heaven
island trips- pretty reefs, big walls, some current; more enjoying the scenery than critter hunting; always a good chance of seeing turtles and sea kraits

Ask away if you need specifics!

-marco

Marco - I have full confidence that you will show our guests EVERYTHING on my list - and more !!!!
When I was there in September the only critter you missed finding for me was the Blue Ring Octopus - but I believe you made up for it with the Spanish Dancer, Hairy Frogfish, Wunderpus...and so many other wonderful finds.

See - that is a reason for me to return in February - to find the missing blue ring :eyebrow:
Sharon

Rickey---JUST noticed where you from.......Man, you "just' missed it....lol.........When we were there in Oct of 2012, it was a group of 21 from(mainly) the BR area....IF we would have only known.....

My pics from there are linked below...We stayed @ Pura Vida Resort(just down from Atlantis) for 5 days then all transferred by boat over to Cebu ie Turtle Bay Resort @ Moalboal for 5 days.....GREAT diving both places....enjoy your trip......My pics from there are @ this link---all Sets(9 of them) have Philippines in their titles & are located on rows 2 & 3........

Good Luck, let me know how it turns out...--& did you hear that Mett has a torn ACL & Anthony Jennings WILL BE it for the bowl game???.....DAMN.....Joe......

EDIT:....be sure & get the whaleshark DIVE in(Oslob)---we did it while staying @ Turtle Bay Resort, owner set everything up & was a 1.5 hour drive from resort....WELL worth the trip though....The group ALWAYS 'marks' the boat we're using------here's a pic from Bonaire this past summer..
9768966574_33b62089c9_z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GEAUXtiger's photosets on Flickr

Last edited:
Great comments guys April can't get here fast enough...

I love macro photography but look forward to shooting some WA at Apo. My 1st week there will be spent doing non-diving stuff with the wife (Oslob whale sharks included) and my 2nd week will be as many dives as I can get in per day. This trip is a 50th birthday present to myself

if it lives up to half the hype it'll be in the top 4 best life experiences (behind the wife and 2 kids... Just in case my wife reads this :wink: )

Did my first liveaboard for my 50th.

All the best on your trip.

A buddy works as a pro in Dauin, so my wife & I will be visiting and diving there for two weeks in mid January.... almost a new critter on every dive, and the viz is faboulus :)
Am on holiday in Thailand, could'nt resist when we got some cheap airfare to Dumaguete....
And after reading this thread, we really look forward to diving and photography......

Great thread, leaaving to Dauin and Apo in 2 days. Can't wait any more, sounds soooo great, to get underwater. Stay will be short, 2 weeks, and daughters and me husband only part diving lovers. But they can do what they want on land, I will dip as much as can. :blinking:

Diving Dauin is stunning! And the corals on Apo Island is much better than what we experienced in the Similians.. Here are som photos shot with Olympus PM1, kit lens and the 60mm macro..Inons S2000. You won't believe what you can find of creatures on the beach dives!
u6ypypu7.jpg

asebyne2.jpg

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Apo Island & the mandarinfish dive close by.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom