Visiting Palau and Yap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadiver30

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

Next year we going to visit Palau and Yap (March-April 2009)
For us it's a new experience and it's totally new.
First we stay by friends in Guam.
My questions are 1. What kind of hotel/resort/... do we need?
2. Which diving centre do we have to take?
3. Financial: what's the cost for the 2 islands (Yap and Palau) -> Plane Guam-Palau,Palau-Yap,Yap-Guam and diving + stay 1 week at Palau and Yap??

Thanks a lot,

Greetz Stijn

Hotel Accom (West Plazza ) is approx $100 per day. this is basic resort. but large clean rooms
Days diving (2 dives ) is approx $110 per day

Lots of choice in Palau: Sams/Neco/fish & fins.
I would estimate flights would be $600-800

I think Yap will be more expensive

Palau is the best diving i have done

Hotel Accom (West Plazza ) is approx $100 per day. this is basic resort. but large clean rooms
Days diving (2 dives ) is approx $110 per day

Lots of choice in Palau: Sams/Neco/fish & fins.
I would estimate flights would be $600-800

I think Yap will be more expensive

Palau is the best diving i have done

Yap -> Expensive of the Flight or diving??

Most of the flights from Guam to Palau stop over in Yap. It shouldn't cost much to get a long layover on Yap on the way to Palau.

Palau uses the Dollar. You, (I assume) use the Euro. You'll probably save a bundle because of that. Palau has never been cheaper, for you!

As far as places to stay, tell me what your price range is and I can recommend you a few hotels. They have some in many different price ranges. At the high end are Palau Pacific Resort and Palau Royal Resort. There are clean, less expensive ones to, just tell me what you like.

I'm heading to Yap and Palau in November for two weeks and I am staying at the Palau Plantation Resort and Manta Ray Bay in Yap. I have heard nothing but good things about Manta Ray Bay in Yap and the Plantation Resort. The trip is running me about $3K, but I am going by myself and have to pay extra for the single supplement (that's about $800). I did my booking through a travel agent, and while I am in no means suggesting you do the same (for me it was easier), their website has information about both of the resorts and may help you decide where you want to stay. Dive Travel and Dive Training in Australia, Micronesia, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands.

Most of the flights from Guam to Palau stop over in Yap. It shouldn't cost much to get a long layover on Yap on the way to Palau.

Palau uses the Dollar. You, (I assume) use the Euro. You'll probably save a bundle because of that. Palau has never been cheaper, for you!

As far as places to stay, tell me what your price range is and I can recommend you a few hotels. They have some in many different price ranges. At the high end are Palau Pacific Resort and Palau Royal Resort. There are clean, less expensive ones to, just tell me what you like.

I thought about 1500€ for the both Islands?? Is this possible?
We want to stay in low budget hotels if its possible of course....

I use to work for Sam's Dive Tours on Palau. It's a great operation and caters mostly to haolis (round eyes). Accommodation possibilities are numerous. I'd contact Sam's directly to see what they're recommending. You can go high-end or cheaper. My favorite was Lehns. It's nothing special, bathroom down the hall, close to food. Unless you've got tons of money with nothing better to do with it, it's all you need. If you need more info contact me directly at MLWilson5150@gmail.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom