Volunteers Wanted for Round Table Discussions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnotherDiverHere

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Good morning and Good evening.

I am thinking about starting a series on my podcast.
Off Gassing: A Scuba Podcast
The Round Table

(A Real Time With Bill Maher type show but for Scuba)

My idea is to get four people to engage in civil discussions. Ideally experts in their field.

Topics would range from recent news, regurgitated topics seen on ScubaBoard, new ideas to old methods, and various other topics that have been argued over since the early days of Scuba.

Discussions would be held online, on a Zoom-like platform.

ScubaBoard is a place where many discussions formulated wonderful outcomes. Let's create this environment in an open-table atmosphere.

If there would is an interest in this, we would create a forum to discuss topics and guests for each Round Table discussion.

Please let me hear your thoughts and ideas about this.

Sounds like fun to listen to and to participate in. I can imagine time-zone problems!

@MB NZ
Solo diving is a great choice for a first topic. Can I add you to the discussion?

@tursiops
Are you open to joining this conversation?
Yay, or Nay for solo diving?

Once we have our first group together we will work out the details to accommodate everyone's time. We will have to figure out dates and time zones.

I have one person in the discussion currently. 3 more are needed. Person 1 is in Central Time Zone

Can I add you to the discussion?

Yes, depending on timing as I'm about to go on my travels. I don't consider myself an expert in any way and feel like a massive fraud because I haven't done that much diving of any kind over the last few years. Hopefully that is about to change!

Very interesting project, but how do you define "expert" ? I'm sorry to say it, but we all know there are too many selfclaimed experts, lurking on any forums, around the web.

This is an honest question, not an invitation to trolling.

Very interesting project, but how do you define "expert" ? I'm sorry to say it, but we all know there are too many selfclaimed experts, lurking on any forums, around the web.

This is an honest question, not an invitation to trolling.

Thank you, I hope it has positive feedback, and we can make this a productive ongoing series.

I should have chosen my words more wisely. "Experts" was a bad choice. My idea is a discussion amongst peers.

Without a doubt, there are many lurkers, trolls, and experts in all things under the sun hiding behind the "keyboard". In an open, verbal communication, I think we could weed most of these people out before they get a seat at the table.

The goal of this series is to invite different perspectives to the table to gain a better understanding of their what and why. I do not think we will have earth shaking, coral breaking discoveries on this series, but maybe we can bring the community a better understanding in to the why behind what they do.

I appreciate the question. In no way did it come across as a trolling question. These are things that need to be asked. It gives me a better understanding on how to move forward with this project.

Back
Top Bottom