Vortoberfest II 2006 recap (consolidated thread)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The date for the 2nd annual Vortoberfest is

OCTOBER 13th - 14th - 15th ! ! !

The Kraken has spoken . . .
. . . so be it.

The Kraken

You guys must be Bama fans...that's a TERRIBLE weekend to choose for us in Auburn! That's the Florida game! The Tulane weekend would have been much better...

Alabama has a college ?!?!?!?!?!?! :11:

the K

The Kraken:
The date for the 2nd annual Vortoberfest is

OCTOBER 13th - 14th - 15th ! ! !

The Kraken has spoken . . .
. . . so be it.

The Kraken

I will not miss it this year! I'm putting it on my calender and on the fridge for my wife to see.

Jeremy

CD_in_Chitown:
I've run out of friends to get married down there, might have to plan this years trip with nothing but diving to do... :D

Wanna borrow some 'getting married' friends, I've got too many to deal with and I'm tired of buying blenders.

mike_s:
well suck-o-la. that's not one of the weekends I've got Friday off. (I've got Friday off of the 5th and 20th)

Ya don't HAVE to come on Friday :) Leave Sat morning and meet up with us, I'll get you out to Cypress on Sun morning if that'll sweeten the deal.

bennedc:
...that's a TERRIBLE weekend to choose for us in Auburn! That's the Florida game! The Tulane weekend would have been much better...

No rules against tailgating at Vortoberfest, especially amongst a ton of Auburn fans! We'll have beer and radios, tons of food, and the potential to drown out any other campsite with cheering.

There is an admission fee to Vortoberfest, however !!!

Participants must bring a six pack of German beer (Danish, Dutch also acceptable - French is absolutely forbidden!) and some sort of sausage, cabbage or something like that to share at the evening fest that Saturday evening.

The beers will all be put in a large container(s) for random sampling by all.

The Kraken will be making another 5 gallon pot of his Kraken Stew (brunswick stew) on site. Volunteer stew stirrers will be more than welcome. While stirring the stew, beer will be brought to you on demand. On lookers are prohibited from harassing or heckling the stew stirrer in any manner.

I have it from a good source the Uncle Ricky has found a superb new sausage to cook.

Greco-Roman wrestling will be provided by Wet Hoss.

The comedy stand up hour will be hosted by PaulWall.

The unbelieveable story hour will be hosted by Uncle Ricky.

Table dances will be available from Baby Duck ($10 minimum)

Leering looks at nubile daughters in form fitting wet suits will be constantly generated by the Bug Man.

Constant inane prattle will be provided by Darcy.

And a host of other degenerate divers will be on hand.

Much revelry will be had and laughter will ensue.

the K

Thanks Kraken, its still friggin May and your last post has me drooling for October :/

I can't wait!

love being pimped before i've said i'd come...

...but you know i'll be there! :wink:

woo hoo! vortoberfest when i have a cave card! who wants to do some intro dives??

Update from Baby Duck ! ! ! !
Newsflash ! ! ! !

Table dances now a $20 minimum!
(Got to pay for those cave classes and the new doubles manifold)

The date for the Vortoberfest was set at last year's Vortober fest. The powers that be at Vortex are already alerted and local deputies have already been contracted to keep the peace!

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom