Voyager of the Seas Feb 22-29 (need buddy)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bertschb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm cruising with Royal Caribbean on the Voyager of the Seas February 22-29. I've never been in the Caribbean and I've never been on a cruise and I don't have a dive buddy for this trip. I'm trying to find some other folks to team up with for dives from private operators in Belize, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I'm not really interested in using the cruise line sponsored dive operators because I don't want the "cattle car" dive experience.

I'm an experienced diver from the Pacific Northwest. I'm used to cold, dark waters with poor visibilty, currents, etc. By comparison, the Caribbean should be a piece of cake. I'm looking for other experienced divers who are interested in diving with me. If you're interested PM me.

Thanks
Brian

You might try posting on cruisecritic.com and looking for fellow diver there. What are your ports of call?

The DM will match you up with a buddy or he/she will be your buddy if everyone is already paired up. The diving style will most likely be a guided dive, if not a "follow the leader" event. If you make your own arrangements, you should be able to pick operators that won't limit your bottom time to that of the biggest air hog. With exception of COZ, no live boat pickup. In GCM they tie up to a mooring and you have to navigate back to the boat, not a problem with a guide.

Ports are Grand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel and Costa Maya. I've got reservations with Aldora Divers in Cozumel, Neptune's Divers in Grand Cayman and the cruise ship operator at Belize.

I'm going to check out cruisecritic.com next.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom