VT 4.0 Altitude Error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGG_BUDD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a VT 4.0 and ever since changing the battery last the computer will cycle through it's boot-up test and then give me an "Altitude Error". This is intermittent as sometimes the computer will work fine. It's literally the luck of the draw.

I've contacted Oceanic and have heard no reply. Nothing. I bought this guy new a few years back and this is the first problem I've encountered - but it's a big one.

Any help? Thanks.

I've never seen "altitude error" on any of my Oceanic computers. I have had misreading of the altitude with subsequent inaccurate NDLs, this was due to the pressure/altitude sensor. Oceanic made good when this was for my Pro Pluses. To be honest, I've not been impressed with their more recent responsiveness.

It definitively sounds like a pressure sensor problem. Dive computers check the altitude through the pressure sensor, page 54 Users Manual. From your description, I would suspect of a false electrical contact (comes and goes) with that sensor. Sorry, it doesn´t look good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom