VT3 versus Atom 1.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mannie071:
On the Atom 1.0 what button is it? I tried it the other day on my buddy and it didnt work underwater. Of course out of the water when I was able to read his pressure. I dont think the manual covers this.

Maybe your position was off. You need to follow the gas switch process.

cerich:
Arms length works, I could argue that buddies shouldn't be that much farther away.:D

In practice it is super easy, just swim up closer hit the button, see pressure and continue the dive. No time wasted getting their attention, reaching for spg and turning it to read.

Yeah, arms length is real close and while you could argue that point, there's a whole other reality out there... as you well know.

However, being able to just swim up close, sync and check is really nice.

If I only had $1,600 laying around.

Speaking of the VT3, wish Oceanic would update the drop list on the product registration page to include the VT3. Would like to register my product under VT3 and not under Other :p

gmcalea:
Speaking of the VT3, wish Oceanic would update the drop list on the product registration page to include the VT3. Would like to register my product under VT3 and not under Other :p

I'm sure it will be done soon, Doug does that and also reads here. When he read your post he cursed under his breath and couldn't believe he forgot to get that done....:D

Perfect thread for me, I was asking myself the same questions.

Now to decide between the VT3 and the VTPro...

I am impressed with the features of both computers, but I am at that stage in my life where my arms aren't long enough to read a book. I have to start looking around for regular watches that have numerals the size of the VT-3. Heck maybe I should just wear the VT-3 I do like the look of it. I guess if I wore it as a watch also I would be a Sleek Geek.

One thing that i dont like about the atom is how long the strap is, and it is really a none issue. But i just happen to have a wrist size that is perfectly inbetween where it is too short with out the extender and too long with. So i have to strap the atom over the top of the velcro strap on my gloves. that way i can use the extender and it wont over lap. Anyone else have this problem?

btw that is with a 7mm wetsuit and 3mm gloves.

I decided to buy the VT3 (2 actually, one for me, one for my wife). Got them yesterday, very impressed so far. For ENDERJS, the strap on the VT3 is EXTRA LONG..in fact, its so long I really cant figure out what to do with all the extra material. I will let everyone know how the VT3 works out. I am going to go jump in the pool this week to check it out in dive mode.

litoria:
I decided to buy the VT3 (2 actually, one for me, one for my wife). Got them yesterday, very impressed so far. For ENDERJS, the strap on the VT3 is EXTRA LONG..in fact, its so long I really cant figure out what to do with all the extra material. I will let everyone know how the VT3 works out. I am going to go jump in the pool this week to check it out in dive mode.

Looking forward to your report on the Vt3's, thanks for your trust in us!

Best,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom