W1 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaboJim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just bought the W1 wetsuit. On the wrists & ankles, are glide-skin seals. When wearing this suit, do I turn in the cuffs?
If not, why the need for glide-skin?
Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim-
The seals should be turned inward toward the skin to provide a seal when wet. Additionally, if you use Waterproof gloves, boots or a hood, each has smoothskin seals to mate with the seals on the suit to provide a semi-dry experience.

Waterproof....so is the W1 a wetsuit or Semi-dry suit? Or semi-wet/dry?

Hi Jim-
The seals should be turned inward toward the skin to provide a seal when wet. Additionally, if you use Waterproof gloves, boots or a hood, each has smoothskin seals to mate with the seals on the suit to provide a semi-dry experience.
What hood would you recommend?
Thanks, Jim

The W1, W2 and W3 are considered wetsuits but have features that significantly reduce water exchange and increase thermal protection.

Hi Jim-

Is there a picture of this anywhere? If what I am getting from this is correct, everyone I have seen don one of these suits has done it wrong.

HI-
Please see the attached images. This is a design feature that has been in Waterproof products for many years and is tried and tested.
SEAL_2.jpgGLOVE_1.jpgGLOVE_2.jpgGLOVE_3.jpgSEAL_1.jpg

HI Jim, for a wetsuit we recommend an H1 with bib so that the neck can be tucked into the suit and help keep you warm.
Typically a non-bib hood is for a drysuit or semi-drysuit application.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom