Wake up and dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've been working overtime nearly every day since the first week in March. Sometimes I look forward to weekends of bad dive conditions just so I can try to catch up on lost sleep. This morning Merry woke me up from a nightmare. I was dreaming that I was at work. I heard her soft voice in the background telling me that we should go diving. Actually, it sounded like a fire alarm repeating the message One and a half foot at the buoy! The Torrance Beach camera shows flat water! I dragged my lazy butt out of bed and put my camera together in my half conscious haze.
For the past month Merry mentions looking for Felimare californiensis at Haggerty's every time we go diving. Visibility is usually poor there and photo ops are few and far between. I gave in today and checked out conditions. It looked as if we could see a few feet down the kelp so we jumped in.
Visibility was a nice fifteen feet as we began searching for the elusive slug. Kevin Lee found two on our last dive here. I gave the coordinates to Margaret Webb and Jim Lyle and they found a couple as well. I looked for about ten minutes before spotting a 1/4 inch little guy in a gray finger sponge.

Haggertys5_zpsd232e8a4.jpg

Haggertys6_zps4147f759.jpg

Haggertys1_zpse0a17f3b.jpg

Haggertys2_zps2fef1e10.jpg

Haggertys4_zpsc8f07502.jpg

Haggertys3_zpsd5eef3a1.jpg

In ninety minutes underwater I took 77 photos, deleting most of them before I opened Photoshop. Merry didn't find a Felimare but was very happy after the dive. It seems that she found several subjects. I'll have to look at her photos after my nap.

Such a gorgeous slug!

So beautiful! I really enjoy your photos. :)

Great to see the Felimare appearing on the mainland coast. Wonder if that means the pollution over there is clearing up? As you two know, one of the hypotheses about their virtual "disappearance" from the mainland is that pollution was the culprit. Of course they prefer our nice clean waters on the island... although I haven't seen one on any of my night dives this summer.

great photos..thanks for sharing..

I've been working overtime nearly every day since the first week in March...

You work?! I always assumed you just dive, because of so many wonderful photos you're always posting. If you actually work for a living, dive for fun and still get so many great underwater shots, that makes them even more impressive!

You work?! I always assumed you just dive, because of so many wonderful photos you're always posting. If you actually work for a living, dive for fun and still get so many great underwater shots, that makes them even more impressive!
If it helps, I do think about diving all day at work. :)

Back
Top Bottom