Wananavu or Nananu Beach & Dive Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skynscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We're planning a trip sometime soon to Fiji,and considering the area on the north side of Viti Levu. I understand that Nananu Beach & Dive Resort was formerly Bamboo Beach Resort.

Any one that can compare these resorts for me, with regard to accommodations,
food, dive operation, availability of shore diving, and overall experience?

Thanks,
Gary

Is it? Check up on it. I thought the story was that Bamboo Beach was the old Mokusingas reborn and that Nananu Beach resort was more a backpackers type place owned by Ra Divers....(I think...but I'm not sure.) I've been to Wananavu and certainly would go back there again - quite a polished operation..down side is no real beach to speak of - the best beaches and snorkelling are certainly offshore at Nananu I Ra.

I give my vote for Wananavu. Outstanding service, facilities, bures, food, everything. I had no complaints whatsoever after I stayed there, a little over a month ago.

Nananu Beach and Dive is the old Bamboo Beach Resort (which I think was previously Mokusigas). It is apparently being run by the people who are developing the Northern part of Nananu-I-Ra. This to me would be a concern as they also ran the Nananu Island Lodge which they recently shut down without informing guests with future bookings (well this guest at least!). I think they use Kai Viti divers for diving (based at Wananavu).

Ra Divers operate out of Volivoli which is a new backpacker style resort. I am going there later in the year and will post trip report then.

Wananavu seems to be very well regarded.

We stayed at Wananavu over Thanksgiving and really enjoyed it. We are headed to Nananu Beach and Dive on Thursday, as we wanted to try something different. I believe it is owned by the same people that own Beqa Lagoon Resort. I'll be able to give you a good comparison after Memorial Day.

skynscuba:
We're planning a trip sometime soon to Fiji,and considering the area on the north side of Viti Levu. I understand that Nananu Beach & Dive Resort was formerly Bamboo Beach Resort.

Any one that can compare these resorts for me, with regard to accommodations,
food, dive operation, availability of shore diving, and overall experience?

You wouldn't be disappointed in either Wananavu Beach Resort or Kai Viti Divers, but be prepared for fairly long boat rides (around an hour) to the best dive sites located near the edge of the channel (Vatu I Ra, as I recall) between the two big islands, Vanua Levu and Viti Levu.

I spent a week with Kai Viti. Just about every day we went into the Bligh waters or the Vati-I-ra channel. They run like a Swiss watch. The banana bread & fresh pineapple between dives was sumptuous.

catfish:
We stayed at Wananavu over Thanksgiving and really enjoyed it. We are headed to Nananu Beach and Dive on Thursday, as we wanted to try something different. I believe it is owned by the same people that own Beqa Lagoon Resort. I'll be able to give you a good comparison after Memorial Day.

Please do. I'm really interested in how this new resort turns out.

Mantasscareme- I think when Scubaboard had their issues last week there were a bunch of posts lost. Catfish already reported that they liked Nananu, hopefully Catfish will see your post and reply, but I thought you should now that they had responded once a few months ago after their visit.

A group of 4 of us will be heading to Fiji in two weeks, staying at Nananu and diving with Kai Viti. Catfish was VERY helpful to us in making us feel like we had made a good decision choosing Nananu, and Kai Viti highly recommended them too.

(this thread used to be almost 2 pages long)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom