wanna-be new oyster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnallen

Registered
Reaction score
i just moved to laramie, wyoming - from houston, texas.

i just wanna get my name out here so i can start networking with other regional divers... summer's coming soon and i'd like to get involved so i can start diving!

Welcome to the RMO!!
You picked a good place to start....
There will be a thread coming out before too long on a Feb. trip to the Blue Hole in NM if you're a drysuit diver!

Welcome! Yep, You can definitely come down to the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM in February. A 7mm suit will be fine, but the top side temperature might make the surface intervals cool. If you have a drysuit then it will be even better.

Welcome to the area. There seems to always be somebody doing something here at RMO.

Welcome! Always nice to see some new faces here.

Welcome to RMO! We are quite a bunch! You will have fun with us!

Welcome! Welcome!!

Join the group, tell us a little about yourself.

jnallen:
i just moved to laramie, wyoming - from houston, texas.

i just wanna get my name out here so i can start networking with other regional divers... summer's coming soon and i'd like to get involved so i can start diving!

Hey, how do you like all that snow we have been getting (I assume they are getting it in your neck of the woods).

We have guys/gals here from Ft. Collins, Denver, CO Springs, and various parts of NM.

In winter there are basically two places to dive. The Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM, and the Crater in ParkCity, UT. Both are springs, the Crater is something like 200F! :rofl3: Actually more like a huge hot tub, maybe 100F. The Blue Hold is a volcanic formed hole, and part of a larger cave system. The water temp is around 64F.

In the summer the best diving within a four hour commute is.... IN COZUMEL! :D

Actually the diving here is somewhat miserable which is why I like going to the hole. Vis there can be 80feet vs. the if you are VERY lucky 10 feet you get in CO lakes.

I've heard that Flaming Gorge is worth diving, and maybe that will be our next destination come summer.

RonFrank:
Hey, how do you like all that snow we have been getting (I assume they are getting it in your neck of the woods).

We have guys/gals here from Ft. Collins, Denver, CO Springs, and various parts of NM.

In winter there are basically two places to dive. The Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM, and the Crater in ParkCity, UT. Both are springs, the Crater is something like 200F! :rofl3: Actually more like a huge hot tub, maybe 100F. The Blue Hold is a volcanic formed hole, and part of a larger cave system. The water temp is around 64F.

In the summer the best diving within a four hour commute is.... IN COZUMEL! :D

Actually the diving here is somewhat miserable which is why I like going to the hole. Vis there can be 80feet vs. the if you are VERY lucky 10 feet you get in CO lakes.

I've heard that Flaming Gorge is worth diving, and maybe that will be our next destination come summer.

C'mon, leave Flamer George alone! He didn't do anything to you!

Back
Top Bottom