Want to buy a housing for my Panasonic AG-DVX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try Equinox or Aquavideo - both make one. Since it doesn't have a LANC port, (does it?) most of the electronic mfrs. can't house it.

I use an equinox housing with the DVX.

I mainly use it for music videos and short films for which it works great. I wouldn't really want to lug the 50# case around the world for travel videos, but if you want professional results when that isn't a problem then it is a good way to go.

I have a 2.5" LCD in mine and I highly recommend it. I added my own instead of buying the Equinox one and saved a little bit of money. I am now thinking I may try to get an even larger one to put inside instead.

~Jess

Thanks to some advice from ChinaDan, I am about to purchase a 5" LCD screen, which took me a while to finally find, for $100. You have to own a business to buy from this certain rep. It's just a frameless display so I'll have to create a battery system for it (Thanks again Dan) which should all be available at radioshack or another electronics store. I will most likely only be using it locally in Cali. So the weight isn't a problem. I almost got a brand new one(yellow model) with the wide angle port on ebay for $750 but the seller flaked out on me. It's going to take a little longer if I have to buy one for retail, $1250. I'll let you know what happens after I get the display.

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom