Want to Dive Monterey Anytime June 22-25?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eric gundrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I'm looking for people interested in diving Monterey or Carmel with me anytime from June 22 to June 25. My family is out of town, giving me the freedom to get wet. :)

I'm happy diving anywhere from Del Monte Beach to Whaler's Cove. While I love Monastery South, I've learned how to get plenty of enjoyment at Breakwater. I just want to get wet with fun people.
:grouphug:

What would be especially awesome is if there is someone from the scooter pack that would like to show me the basics. I've got a Sierra I've never driven because I don't want to do it alone.
:daydreaming:

Anyone interested in getting wet with me?

Well, it looks like I've got a solid plan to dive Lobos on Friday and then possibly Breakwater Friday night. Does anyone expect to be around?

We plan to camp out Friday night and dive again Saturday, but we're undecided on where. Likely we'll be diving off the north end of San Carlos beach and explore reef out that way. Or, maybe I'll bring my scooter for a test drive. :)

I still could dive Sunday and Monday if I find a buddy for those day.

I would love to do a night dive Friday or Saturday night if timing/logistics work out. I'll send you a message with contact info.

Okay, lynch, I'll send you my info too, to increase my chances of night diving :)

A Friday night dive is likely, but I don't expect to be around that long Saturday. Probably we'll be headed back north by late Saturday afternoon. On Saturday we may dive Monastery South, conditions permitting.

I see that Friday sunset is at 8:30. With no significant moon Friday night, I would guess maybe an hour is long enough wait for the nighttime critters to emerge. We could try to enter the water as early as 9:00, I should think.

The last few times I've done this I didn't make it out until 11 or 12, I think that was because my buddy and I were running on a later schedule. I have a different schedule (and buddy) this weekend. :)

On those last night dives, we swam out on the surface past the breakwater bend, if I recall correctly. Maybe even as far as marker 12 or 13. Then we dropped down, followed the wall out further until about 45 fsw, followed the wall back to about 16 fsw, then turned perpendicular to the wall out to explore the sand for the last ten minutes or so, gas permitting. We enjoyed playing with the octopus in the sand.

Of course, I welcome advice from those more experienced than I.

ktkt, I'll send you my contact info so we can coordinate.

That sounds like fun. Don't think my lights work any more, though...

I'm taking my dive boat our this week. It's berthed in Moss Landing. I'm trying to scare up a crew, as I don't really like diving alone. I can take at least 10 divers if y'all want to come.

I don't charge to go out, but you're all welcome to toss in some money for fuel.

call or text (303) 378-2887

Captain Jeff Chandler
Dive Quest

---------- Post Merged at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I have a really nice dive boat and looking for some nice divers to enjoy it.

Let me know if you're interested diving Sunday Morning.

I don't really like running the boat at night without a full moon, so night diving isn't an option for me.

Call or Text Jeff at (303) 378-2887

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom