Want to read an interesting story?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My new C-Card is at the shop already. That's less than a week. Way to go PADI.

Let's see what it looks like now. I'm probably better off with the other Marc's pic. I was never told in advance that a pic would be taken of me when coming in to sign up for class. I looked like a bum that day.

Divinglife, thanks for the PM.

o2scuba once bubbled...

A: why the hell would you want to hang your cert card from your bc...

Well, for one thing.....it makes the body identification process easier:D

When your dead, bloated rotting carcas drifts ashore in some foriegn country.

:) Have a nice day all:)

Hehe...

I had a set of dogtags made up that has my emergency contact info, blood type, "no alergies", the DAN hotline number and my DAN insurance ID number.

I usualy wear em whenever I dive and ALWAYS when I'm diving away from home and people who know me.

I've never needed them and hope I never do, but it's nice to know that if I come up "in a bad way" there's enough info there to hopefully help avoid slowdowns in getting medical care.

dc4bs once bubbled...

Hehe...

I had a set of dogtags made up that has my emergency contact info, blood type, "no alergies", the DAN hotline number and my DAN insurance ID number.

I usualy wear em whenever I dive and ALWAYS when I'm diving away from home and people who know me.

I've never needed them and hope I never do, but it's nice to know that if I come up "in a bad way" there's enough info there to hopefully help avoid slowdowns in getting medical care.

This is a really good idea. I bought the DAN tag with the same info and put it on my BC, but I hadn't really suggested this to others. I'd like to see a thread started with the idea, if you're interested?

Having my DAN tag and my PADI Enriched Air tag both on my BC may be a bit much, but I want both handy, and I don't always board with the same bag.

In a couple of weeks, though, I'll be the only one on a boat using EANx, with the boat picking us up at a Cozumel dock a little ways from the hotel. I wouldn't want to be denied Nitrox because I didn't bring my card or tag. But I have been called EXCESSIVE a few times before.

don

Mebers of Divers Alert Network:

www.diversalertnetwork.org

An excellent non-profit organization I'd recommend for membership and dive insurance, offers these.
If DC4BS doesn't start a thread about the idea, I will...

don

:eek: You're entering.........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom