Want to read an interesting story?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bloop once bubbled...
Hey, Buddy up with him when you go diving and you guys certainly will have a blast.

I am imagining all sorts of mix ups, confused faces, vexed boat DMs, etc etc....

:D :D :D

Ya' think anyone really looks at C-Cards? Are you new?

don

My last name and my day of birth is incorrect spelled on my PADI OW card :(
But my picture is correct :) so i don't care to mucht about it....
I gues that this happens a lot and that they are very bussy with processing with al of those new divers, like me.
Well, i am now wating for my AOW card, let see if they do it right this time...

Rick Inman once bubbled...
I never play the LOTTO, or suggest anyone else should. But in your case....

HA!!! He just blew his lotto chance! I am going to play the lotto since I know there is one guy who blew the odds on a C-Card!

Sorry 2 Bar...If I win on Wed, I will treat you to a free dive...hows that?:wacko:

Knavey once bubbled...

HA!!! He just blew his lotto chance! I am going to play the lotto since I know there is one guy who blew the odds on a C-Card!

Sorry 2 Bar...If I win on Wed, I will treat you to a free dive...hows that?:wacko:

You bet! :thumb:

sunnydiver once bubbled...
My last name and my day of birth is incorrect spelled on my PADI OW card :(
But my picture is correct :) so i don't care to mucht about it....
I gues that this happens a lot and that they are very bussy with processing with al of those new divers, like me.
Well, i am now wating for my AOW card, let see if they do it right this time...

I don't know if this is the issue in your case, but there is a very common reason for errors in birthdates. PADI uses the international format (pretty much everywhere except the United States) for all dates. A date entered as 02-11-52 in the US would be February 11, 1952. Most anywhere else, that would be read as the 2nd of November, 1952.

This is such a common mixup that we routinely look for it when doing a database search for a PADI record.

Other errors are often the result of poor handwriting. PADI now has an online certification procedure which cuts down on those sorts of errors.

ok.......

A: why the hell would you want to hang your cert card from your bc...unless you were a course director or trimix diver i dont think the scuba police are going to stop you and wana see your cert number while under water...."hey buddy i got ya doin 15 finnkicks per minute can i see your cert number"

and B

what dm would remember your first and last names:wacko: :confused: :D :D

lordoftheOrings once bubbled...
ok.......

A: why the hell would you want to hang your cert card from your bc... :D :D

I've heard of divers being denied Nitrox on boats because they left their EAN C-cards in the room or car. Thought it'd be good to keep a spare one...? :huh:

don

lordoftheOrings once bubbled...
ok.......

A: why the hell would you want to hang your cert card from your bc...

Well, for one thing.....it makes the body identification process easier:D

When your dead, bloated rotting carcas drifts ashore in some foriegn country.

:) Have a nice day all:)

ps- The wrong pic thing happens all the time at PADI. The mail in certification application (PIC Card) has a little plastic sleeve where the instructor inserts your picture. Sometimes they slip out and get mixed up. This is why PADI recommends that the instructor write the students name and date of birth on the back of the picture. If no info is on the back, it's hard for the process personell to straighten out. The new online system is much more foolproof

Writing name and birthday on the back of the pic is standard... however it made no difference in this case. hehehe.... ummm, maybe re-read the original post. They have the SAME name and SAME b-day (that's the point of the mix-up). I am very surprised that the UK students would be able to be mixed up with US students. Very amusing situation, though!!!

As far as I know all cards go to the same place to be processed and I am not sure that they keep them seperate. I know it takes us up to six weeks to get our C Cards because they first go to Bristol, who then send them to the US, the US process them and send them back to Britain and they are sent to your instructor. :rolleyes: Could never understand why they couldn't go straight to the US or why Bristol can't process cards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom