Want your own Hyperbaric Chamber? Its cheap!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterwulf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just so it's out there, these devices are not FDA-approved for the indications for which they're being used and do not meet NFPA requirements for pressure vessels for human occupancy when oxygen is incorporated. The proliferation of these devices in settings like holistic clinics is a matter of extreme concern for the hyperbaric community as a whole due to the risk for accidents.

Best regards,
DDM

Buzz killer! I just ordered three of them!
Might be good for hangovers... Now just need to invite a couple buddies over and start drink'n.

Anyone advocating for this “chamber” design should read over the Apollo 1 tragedy write-up. Apollo initially had a pure oxygen atmosphere, until a fire killed the astronauts, Gus Grissom, Ed White and Roger Chaffee.

SeaRat

I wish someone could help me build one of a simple portable design . A gift to the divers of Miskitos Coast is what I had in mind . Be safe and have a nice day .

Reactions: OTF
I want a ScubaPro one

Screenshot (1086).png

and a ScubaPro submarine

Screenshot (1088).png

I wish someone could help me build one of a simple portable design . A gift to the divers of Miskitos Coast is what I had in mind . Be safe and have a nice day .
Building the chamber is pretty simple.

Its the oxygen generator at 98-99% purity and at -60 dewpoint, The high pressure oxygen booster, the back up 50% oxygen 50 % Helium cylinders to conduct a Comex 30 MSW treatment table for the really serious bend treatments, The overboard dumps built in breathing system. BIBS System with a negative bias tracking regulator to avoid vacuum packing the divers lungs on exhale at 30MSW.

The chamber reliable gas analysis O2 CO2 the chamber 3 hour duration C02 scrubbers when it all goes south, the fire deluge, the fogging nozzles or hyperbaric fire extinguisher or bucket of sand and a bucket of water depending on the budget. The fire retardant mattress and the Nomex pants.

The chamber on deck in order to get the diver from arriving at the surface bent back down to 60FSW in the chamber within 3 minutes to resolve most type 1 bends simply on pure oxygen 20 mins on with a 5 minute air break, with the provision to smash the diver and tender/diver medic down to 30 MSW 100FSW super quick should it begin to go south on you with a serious type II bend. A medical lock for the diazepam panicide and for the coffee teas with biscuits locking in for the 5 minute air breaks and for the piss crap vomit locking out.

The written procedures the IPP documents chamber checks and procedures from everything from intubation extubation and the procedures for dealing with the dead.

All this in a remote area? your gonna need someone who knows what to do to help you on this. Iain

Super simple I had in mind . How they hydro a tank filling it with water is the direction to take , test and develop a piece of cake

Back
Top Bottom