War Of The Regs !!!

And the Winner by knockout is ...........

• SEA ELITE TEK -X

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • AQUA LUNG TITAN

Votes: 50 80.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok here we go folks ... What happens when a major brand name is challanged by a non-brand reg in WAR OF THE REGS!!!

Fighting out of the red corner we have weighing 200 dollars on DIVERS-SUPPLY ... SEA ELITE TEK X!!!!!!

Great deal on SEA ELITE TEK X06 REGULATOR from Divers-Supply.com

And fighting out of the blue corner we have weighing 204 lbs on Leisurepro without the manufacturers warranty ... Aqua Lung TITAN!!!

Aqualung Titan Regulator (New Style) from LeisurePro.com

At the end of 15 rounds which reg will be standing ... you decide with your votes.

TING TING TING ... ROUND # 1 :popcorn:

Are you going to provide the regs for us to dive with? I'll let you know after I've received them.

Thanks.....

The reg is your primary life support. I would get the best you can afford from an authorized dealer. I would stick with the ones that have a history.
(It amazes me sometimes. I know people who will scrimp on a regulator to save 50 or 100 bucks, but think nothing of a $600.00 a month car payment or a $200.00 dinner and bar tab on Saturday night.)

But then we're voting between two lower end regs aren't we :)

I did not vote. I would say then, the Aqualung from an authorized dealer, in OP's area.

Are you going to provide the regs for us to dive with? I'll let you know after I've received them.

Thanks.....

If I could then I would test both of them myself and this post would not really be needed right?:eyebrow:

The reg is your primary life support. I would get the best you can afford from an authorized dealer. I would stick with the ones that have a history.
(It amazes me sometimes. I know people who will scrimp on a regulator to save 50 or 100 bucks, but think nothing of a $600.00 a month car payment or a $200.00 dinner and bar tab on Saturday night.)

So a guy who has a 280 dollar reg in his mouth is safer than a guy who has a 240 dollar reg? By how many percent has my chance of dying gone down by the extra 40 bucks?

On the other hand it could be that the guy who buys the $ 1000 dollar regulator would be the safest of all divers because he has spent all the years dive budget on a titanium reg and thus wont afford to get in the water in the first place right? By the end of the day its all about safety so lets buy really expensive dive gear, stack it in the cupboard and watch SIMPSONS!

Why? Cuz my life is WORTH the 1000 dollar titanium regulator!!!!

No. The more expensive regs tend to be better breathers. Choosing a "good" reg can be done very objectively based on published data. The better breathers make a dive more enjoyable.
As for major brands and authorized dealers, I was thinking more of Warranty and service issues. It could mean the differnce of renting or using your own. A properly functioning reg is safer.
Nice to know when you are traveling that there is usually a Scubapro, USD etc. dealer in the neighborhood.

But then, I guess someone could select gear based an internet poll too.

This is an easy one, the Titan.
The Titan is a Titan reguardless of where you buy it so service and parts are fairly easy to find, the Sea Elite is going to be a lot harder to find parts and service for.

This is an easy one, the Titan.
The Titan is a Titan reguardless of where you buy it so service and parts are fairly easy to find, the Sea Elite is going to be a lot harder to find parts and service for.

Very valid! But from what I understand, Sea Elite is confugured for higher than 40% nitrox air mixes. They say it is advanced reg built for deep tech diving. Titan on the other hand is Aqua lungs entry level reg. Any idea on its nitrox capability or how it would do in those deep mixed gas dives?

Back
Top Bottom