War Of The Regs !!!

And the Winner by knockout is ...........

• SEA ELITE TEK -X

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • AQUA LUNG TITAN

Votes: 50 80.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would Go with a Real Contender
(The Rocky Balboa ) Scuba Pro Mark 17/G250 Vintage.
"Your going To Eat Lightning And Crap Thunder"
Mick!

Couldn't pay me (and they do!) to dive either...I like breathing too much.

First stage is balanced and the second stage is so called balanced.

If you want to get a high dollar regulator by all means go ahead, nothing wrong with that, all I am saying is that you can get a perfectly fine mid price regulator that will do just fine for most any diving and in doing so not risk your life and have something that is durable, reliable and functional.

N

I REALLYhope that your comment is general and not insinuating that the SEA ELITE TEK X would be "risking your life"

No. The more expensive regs tend to be better breathers. Choosing a "good" reg can be done very objectively based on published data. The better breathers make a dive more enjoyable.

This is partly true. But you can put a G250 or an Atomic B1 on an MK2 or a Mares R2 (lower priced, unbalanced 1st stages) and you can't tell any difference in ease of breathing than if they were hooked to MK25s or Atomic's best 1st stage. They won't, however, give as high a flow rate but on a liesurely dive, you don't need it anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom