Warm Feet in a dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatever you use don't make the mistake of buying socks that are too thick.

Too much restriction reduces the blood flow and makes your feet colder.
This times ten.

Also, don't lace your rock boots to tightly, since that will also restrict your blood stream. Just tight enough to keep them from slipping off is my recommendation.

After the Fusion and a DUI suit, I have settled on full thickness Merino Wool socks. I just didn't get along with the neoprene socks. Always thought I had a leak in my feet. Never had problems with cold into the upper 30's.

Have the Weezle Extreme, and am considering their new socks. Any opinions?

Terry

Have the Weezle Extreme, and am considering their new socks. Any opinions?
My 0.02€: If it's cold(ish) and/or I'm wearing something waterproof (including leather hiking boots) on my feet, I use either wool socks or wool socks. Be it topside or underwater. My feet get clammy when my footwear can't breathe very well, and no fiber can match wool when it comes to insulation properties when damp. Or wet, for that case.

Of course, YMMV :)

Are you supposed to tuck the undergarment into the final layer of socks? Or does the undergarment go over the outter most sock?

I just wear wool socks from Dicks sporting goods. Work great.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Are you supposed to tuck the undergarment into the final layer of socks? Or does the undergarment go over the outter most sock?

I suppose there are some undergarment designs where it matters, but it doesn't with mine.

I use Fourth Element Xerotherm + Arctic socks inside a 5mm neoprene Wellington boot. My feet have never been cold.

The mistake I see a good bit is wearing cotton socks as a base layer sock. Because cotton won't wick water (sweat), your feet will be much colder.

Never pour water in your drysuit boots are suggested above. That's obviously advice that doesn't come from experience.

The mistake I see a good bit is wearing cotton socks as a base layer sock.

*shudder*

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom