warmest wetsuit available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thalassamania:
The warmest wesuit, without question, will be a custom made Rubatex GN-231N, Skin two side, farmer john, attached hood, no zippers. There are many good sutom houses, not all are willing to do skin two side. Expect to pay $800 to $1000 and to go in for measurement and at least two fittings.

For that price you can get a drysuit.

i'm in similar shoes (144 lbs and 5'8") - skinny, so no fat to insulate me. i have pinnacle merino 7 mm one-piece suit and hooded vest (7mm hood and 3mm core). i can dive comfortably in +12 C water. When it gets below 10C i get cold fast. depending on temperature in your area, you might consider going dry. also, things like wearing a wool hat under your hood and any extra wool on your body helps, also bring a thermos with hot water to pour in your suit before each dive (don't burn yourself). i'm actually going to San Diego in November and was wondering weather my 7 mm would be sufficient.

cancun mark:
For that price you can get a drysuit.
1. That was not the question.
2. Not a dry suit that I'd think adequate.

Here is an add for a neoprene dry suit on Craigslist...$400...the owner appears to be in the San Francisco Bay area, but maybe if you and the owner compare measurements you can be in luck:

new womens drysuit dry suit, better than a wetsuit wet suit - $400
"brand new womens wetsuit made by otterbay wetsuits and drysuts. made for a women of athletic build about 5'2-5'4 booty size is 8-9 email me with any questions and i will do my best to answer if you would like a pic, email me, it is just a really nice black neopreme dry suit with no problems, so no pic is really needed but if you want email me and ill get back to you asap"

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/spo/374021982.html

You can do the option of wearing two wetsuit. I use a oceanic 0.5 wetsuit under my akona 7mm with a 3mm vest sewed with the pinnacle hood. Maybe that might work.

I got my Bare NexGen with undergarment for around $600.00 and have dove the heck out of it (30+ dives in the last year with it) with no leaks and no issues. You don't have to pay a fortune for one contrary to popular belief. Now if you are diving professionally on a daily basis in high wear situations, then yes, you need one of the more expensive dry suits, but as a recreational diver the less expensive ones will do you fine.

Mike

You can get a custom made 7mm Atlan for about $550. It will be 3 piece (Farmer John with hooded vest) so it's 21mm in the middle where it counts. PM me if interested and I'll give you the contact information. I like it so much I've actually switched back from diving dry.

The Pinnacle 8/6 semi dry Merino II is one of the warmest suits
Laboratory tests have proven that Merino II lined neoprene is approximately 46% more thermally efficient than conventional neoprenes, meaning that the Extreme has the thermal efficiency of a suit that is nearly 12mm thick, yet with all the mobility and reduced buoyancy of a much thinner suit
Truly the warmest semi-dry or wetsuit that money can buy
8mm Titanium body and 6mm Titanium arms and legs for superior mobility
Merino lining for increased warmth and comfort
Titanium material for superior warmth
Attached 6mm Merino lined hood for maximum warmth
10MM Spine & Kidney pad to keep the chill out
Molded rubber shoulder pads designed to grip the buoyancy compensator and reduce shifting
Kevlar knee pads provide exceptional grip and durability
One-way flow vent at the top of the hood to minimize air trapping
Horizontal front zip provides a large entry that closes effortlessly
Zippered ankles provide comfortable fit, tight seal
Wrist, ankle and neck seals helps keep cold out
Drysuit zipper keeps all water from entering through the chest area

Here is a link to the size chart. Keep in mind itis easier to cut a suit down to fit than add material: http://www.scuba.com/resources/sizechart/pinnacle.htm

Back
Top Bottom