Warning: Avoid Lion Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry to hear that....hope you get them back now. I flew with Lion Air from Sorong - Manado, I didn't have any problem. took my Reg & Camera+housing as carry on... no problem. my check in luggage was over 20kg, but they didn't charge over weight.... Your favorit SQ lost my baggage twice.... a friend flew with Swiss air in 1st class and they lost his baggage! so you just had a bad luck!

I even went to Lion Air office in Singapore today or was that yesterday?...LOL....They have no phone number there, so the guy at the Conrad took me over butted in front of 30 people....Have you ever talked to your hand?....They just did not care....I'll be lucky to ever see it again. I get the feeling they will not ship to the US.

They started new rules on the Sorong to to Manado flight I think in mid Aug 15 kilos....I paid it they just did not put it on the plane. Nor did it arrive in time for my flight 20 hours ago or they never called as they said in Manado.....Loin Air sucks....Wish they had an office here in the US!

So why isn't your travel agent or, out of courtesy for your expensive international airfare, Singapore Air making sure to track down the bag and send it through on the next flight? Seems reasonable enough to me, after all they brought the bags to Indo, they should send them back to you. What difference does it make if they are loaded on the same flight a day later than you were? -Andy

I booked Singapore on my own so my TA has nothing to do with it. I have emailed Helena at Sorido who booked the Air but have not heard back from her. The Indonesian airlines are probably some of the least accountable airlines in the world. I stayed at the Conrad in Singapore and they spent over an hour with them on the phone trying to see if the bag would make it for todays flight......They ask if I would stay in Singapore for another couple of days and they will try to get it to me.....But they would not pay for a new ticket to the US or the additional nights in Singapore....I'm reconciled....lost it.

That's so aweful! Sorry to hear it. I never had a problem with Lion air before but know the feeling when your out of your own country and don't have any rights.

Good luck

Scott there aren't daily flights from Manado to Singapore on Silk so even if they got the bag to Manado it wouldn't just appear in Singapore like magic. Give it a few days it will show up. If not that is what trip insurance is for.

Chuck this AM I have not had one response from the agent who booked the flights in Indonesia. Highdesert-Bruce sent me his TA he used in Indonesia. I have 5 emails from him today. The bag is in Jakarta.....This Robin is trying to get it to the US for me and I have never spent a cent with him!.....What a guy!

Kewl! It will take a day or two but you will get your gear back. Just don't stress over it that won't help.

Uhhh, how many of you ever tried to cheat with the weight of your hand luggage?

Uhhh, how many of you ever tried to cheat with the weight of your hand luggage?

I want my hand luggage as small and light as possible. Its a pain traveling 24 hours + with multiple stops and then the hassle of going through security with it.

However I do see the point of many divers wanting to get as much expensive equipment as possible into hand luggage to deter theft.

Almost 2 weeks later....Got my gear back! One of theTSA locks was broken and it looks like a couple of things missing. But I am happy to have it back.

Want to thank Robin with Songline Cruises of Indonesia: Yacht Charters - Pinisi Cruising - Dive Liveaboards - Adventure Sailing. Sail Indonesia, Sailing Indonesia he went out of his way to call, email them etc. And he does not enven know me! Bruce/Highdesert thanks for his info!

Good to hear you got your stuff back. If it were me though, I wouldn't ever got on an aircraft run by such an airline anyway. I think you'll find they're on the safety blacklist. Good enough recommendation for me regardless of what they do with your bags.:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom