Water temperatures around Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was just out in those places 2 weeks ago. Hin Daeng/Muang was 26/27°C or 77/79°F with thermoclines hitting 24°C/75°F in some areas but not frequently.
Similans/Surin was 28°C/82°F with one or 2 thermoclines hitting 26°C/77°F. All measured with Suunto Vytec and Cobra.
I usually wear a 3mm hood (over my black and luxurious longish hair) and a 1mm full microprene on the 1st 2 dives then wear a lined surf shirt for later dives. I add a 2mm shorty for the night dive. Not for the water but when you come up.
For the 26°C/77°F and below water I wear all of the above after the 1st dive.

When I was younger I stumbled out of a pub and needed to piss, so I made my way into the cemetery behind the pub. I walks right to the edge of a freshly dug grave, lost my balance, and fell in. There was a puddle of water in the hole, and I spent the rest of the night yelling, 'Help me, I'm cold! Someone help me, I'm cold!'

At closing time, another drunk walked behind the bar to piss, and hears my shouts. He gets to the open grave, looks down and says, 'Of course you're cold, you son-of-a-*****. You kicked all the dirt off yourself.'

Back
Top Bottom