Water Temps! Hot, Hot, Hot!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid:
That seems like it is too hot for diving, must be nice.
It is way too hot for the coral to thrive. I wonder what it's going to do to the coral spawning event (this week, next week?).

Oh, you just have to keep rubbing the salt in the open wound DONT you :D
It was 40 degrees @ 75 FT on 8/18/2005 at Table Rock Branson, Missouri. Thanks for the envy that I feel now :crafty:

Marvel:
88-89 degrees here in LBTS
I hope it remains the same over Labor Day. I can't wait to dive without a 7mm wetsuit. I had 54F at 90' last Saturday, even though it felt colder than that. Looking forward to diving your warm waters.

Believe it or not, on Saturday I was FREEZING in my skin. Me and a couple of friends did a couple of wrecks outside of Ft. Pierce (Amazon and Halsey). As soon as I hit the water I was freezing cold. Figured it was just a themalcline. But nope, the temp stayed in the 69-71 area the ENTIRE DAY! Couldn't believe it.

Jupiter last weekend, at 80' was 86°.

Saturday 8/20 at location in Looe Key reef, 90 degrees. The Busch was maybe 87. I didn't pay much attention.

I'm afraid this could really feed some hurricane - let's hope not.

Just back today from Fort Lauderdale and the water is scary warm (for hurricane season). Surf temp on a shore dive (out to the Jacks at the Yankee Clipper) was 90° and my mosquito was never below 86° the entire trip. For the most part 88° seemed to be the temp of choice, Hog Heavn 75', 88°, same at the Dania Beach Wreck. The shallow reefs, 30' were between 88° and 90°

There was no "shock" jumping in the water it was like a wetter version of the air!

Chris

It is nice, and awfully comfortable. But we all realize that it's not right, right?

Talon:
Believe it or not, on Saturday I was FREEZING in my skin. Me and a couple of friends did a couple of wrecks outside of Ft. Pierce (Amazon and Halsey). As soon as I hit the water I was freezing cold. Figured it was just a themalcline. But nope, the temp stayed in the 69-71 area the ENTIRE DAY! Couldn't believe it.

You should have dove the beach.... it was a lot warmer. 69-71 is freezing winter diving....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom