waterproof brand wetsuits...info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

junior25

Registered
Reaction score
Im in the market for a new 7mil wetsuit and the local shop i frequent is a big supporter of the waterproof brand. I couldnt find much information on this brand and would like to hear any pro/cons people have had with them. The suit seemed well made with gaskets in the ankles and wrists and zippers on all ends to get in and out easier.

So any thoughts out there?

i was spending alot of time trying to find a well fitting wet suit.
"waterproof" have alot of sizes in their range +they had the perfect size for me!!! +probably everyone.
i have a 5mm lynx and are so impressed with it.
fits like a second skin.+has so many superb features about it.
if you can find one in a shop, youll see how good they are.

the knee material has max protection! its rubber, tough enough for a few life times.
where you have the inner cuff arm +leg seal/sleeves, the outer material is thinner.
so with both layers, it feels the same thickness as the other areas, without any added bulk or weight.
the elbows have a realy good outer material too, with good abrasion resistance.

a u.k. reviewer likened the waterproof wetsuits to "an indian rhino",
"being like an african rhino, with more armour ontop"
(think he was on about the knee material)

www.waterproof.se is the manufacturers web site
a few shops have the sizing chart, if they dont.
if you cant find the sizing chart, pm me + i'll see if i can find it on my system
(i dont log onto this site daily)

They are very well regarded in Europe. I tried recently a 5 mm (lynx) and had the diveshop order it. It fits a lot better and seems to be way more comfortable than my old Henderson.

I've had a Waterproof 3mm on long-term test and given it a real thrashing, and it has worn well, and the 5mm and 7mm versions are built just as tough. They are comfortable (the pre-bent knees and elbows are a bonus), tough (the kneepads are really thick, and the elbows aren't far behind) and well-made (zippers on the wrists and ankles, smooth skin neoprene on the neck).

I also liked the way they have Waterproof in raised rubberised writing all over the backside and rear of the thighs - if you are sitting on a wet, slippery RIB tube, you don't move, it holds you like glue. Neat idea that actually works!

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom