way doubles? for most that is to much [yes]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric:
For the type of diving I do doubles would not make much sense.
<snip> The deepest stuff I do is South Florida wrecks which normally are just barely over 100'
I would have to strongly disagree with you.
I would never go on a 100' wreck dive on a single tank and that makes all much sense to me.

Data:
I would have to strongly disagree with you.
I would never go on a 100' wreck dive on a single tank and that makes all much sense to me.

All depends if you are doing penetration..........and on the wreck I guess.

And as to the issue.

I dive doubles whenever possible. At first, it felt like I was carrying the anchor for a largish yacht around on my back. But seriously, this gets better, to the pont that you don't think about it. The continuing issues for me are bouyancy control & at deeper depths, staying out of mandatory deco.

Doubles may not be an option on most dive charters. At 100', I am wanting some kind of dependable redundant gas source. A set of doubles, a good KNOWN buddy, or a bailout bottle, all could count as such.

There is a very short list of buddies that I would even consider doing penetration dives with while wearing a single. If you gotta ask, you ain't on the list.

ShakaZulu:
All depends if you are doing penetration...
Yeah, I'll rescind my remark... I wasn't thinking of penetration at all. I don't, at least not further than 10 feet or so in.

The only time I dive single is in the pool for OW training a class or on the few occasions at WPB or on a dive trip (international vacation) I may from this point though go with a side mount config for those trips and that way I'm always using doubles of some sort. If I do use a single localy Then I have 120's with H valves that I don. Doubles aren't that bad once you get use to them

I gess there is a good reason for dubles. If you go on drift boats for a two tank dive. Do thay conceter a dobble a two tank dive. Or do you dive twice with dubels?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom