Wbp - 2/4/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll definatelly do something. If the wind is kicking like it was last Sat. I might suit up in the restrooms over near Mask cove then walk back to the car to get geared up. The tent thing is just too much! Although I was looking in a Cabella's (sp?) order book and they had an outdoor shower tent. It was just a tent that was about the size of a small shower stall to block the elements. It did have an open bottom. It seemed very protable...don't know how sturdy. I was thinking about getting it as a "changing room" for the cold Lanier dives.

Jeremy

I've thought about the tent idea myself. Ideally something that was easy to set up and take down. I was looking at those pop up awnings that are about 10x10, but would need some way to attach sides. It would be nice to set up between a couple of our vehicles and do our changing in relative comfort. Just think of the possibilities. We could bring in chairs, a cooler/stove and have a nice leisurely SI while waiting for the 2nd dive. Time to start looking through my Campmor catalog.

scubaPT:
I've thought about the tent idea myself. Ideally something that was easy to set up and take down. I was looking at those pop up awnings that are about 10x10, but would need some way to attach sides. It would be nice to set up between a couple of our vehicles and do our changing in relative comfort. Just think of the possibilities. We could bring in chairs, a cooler/stove and have a nice leisurely SI while waiting for the 2nd dive. Time to start looking through my Campmor catalog.

...or I could buy that drysuit I tried on today at the Dive shop that fit me pretty good for $700.00! I was surprised how well it felt on me though. I just took of my shoes and suited up with my jeans and sweatshirt. Still had plenty of room for thick undergarments as it was a "shell" suit from Divers Supply in Marietta.

Jeremy

If I had the extra 700.00 right now I would head down south for some warmer water diving. That would get you quite a few dives down in the Keys.

scubaPT:
If I had the extra 700.00 right now I would head down south for some warmer water diving. That would get you quite a few dives down in the Keys.

Of course the keys idea, drysuit and all would be dependant on the big "IF" I had extra 700.00 right now. It's back to the wetsuit tommorw for Lanier.

See you all then.

Jeremy

Heya Fellas. I will still come on out to WBP to meet everyone if people are still going to head on out to the lake. I will bring the suit if anybody is interested, but I wouldn't even want to be changing out there into anything it is so cold.. :) I am not going to dive, it is just going to be too cold to think about diving wet. It is literally going to be freezing, and feel like 18F with that wind. I'll probably just end up heading up that way to see if anybody else shows up, but forget about diving.. :)

Matt

I thought I left that behind..... too cold for meee...

Smart Man Nofish! :) I am still going to head out to the lake to see if anybody shows, but I'm not counting on it.. Forget diving though, too cold!

Matt

Corigan:
Smart Man Nofish! :) I am still going to head out to the lake to see if anybody shows, but I'm not counting on it.. Forget diving though, too cold!

Matt

Well there were 3 of us that braved the weather and dove. Allen, Cliff and myself found ourselves entering the water about the time it was snowing. Cliff had a drysuit but both Allen and myself had on wetsuits. Funny thing was the water temp was warmer that the air temp yesterday.

Our plan was to dive down to the platform then follow a line over to the log pile. The vis was not that good and a very overcast sky didn't help too much. We made it to the platform and I soon got tangled up in rope. Being at 80' and at 1/3 gas then tangled up in rope is not a good place to be. I lost my boyuancy and cause a "silt-out" while trying to get to my shears to cut the rope. I got out of the situation then acended due to my gas supply.

All in all it was a good dive. I learned a few things and I'm going to change my rig a little bit because of it.

I'm at work and don't have my logbook with me but the dive was about 30min at max depth of 80 - 85 feet.

While Allen and I were turning blue getting out of our 7mil wetsuits Cliff just steped out of his drysuit, put his shoes on and watched us freezing. He did over us some hot water...thanks Cliff!

Looking forward to dive the old Lake again soon. Anyone up for it??

Jeremy

Dennis, I believe the line I cut was yours. It was very new and the color was green underwater. I would be more than happy to help you run it again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom