Wd-40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny, I've used WD on the outside of tank valves and regulators for most of my 40+ years of diving. I still dive with some of my 30+ year old regulators and gear. Never killed me or hurt any O rings. I guess it was because I didn't know it was so bad it didn't hurt anything. Oh well too late to stop now.

captain:
Funny, I've used WD on the outside of tank valves and regulators for most of my 40+ years of diving. I still dive with some of my 30+ year old regulators and gear. Never killed me or hurt any O rings. I guess it was because I didn't know it was so bad it didn't hurt anything. Oh well too late to stop now.

I learned the hard way with air tools, particularly with nail guns, if you spray in side the o-rings and piston seals swell and have to be replaced. Incidental use on the outside of dive gear? Well 30+ years is pretty good!

Tobin

captain:
My guess would be that you lucked out and do not have anything in those areas that WD-40 will eat.

I try not to rely on luck. It bails out on me at the most inopportune times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom