We did it - OW certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DukeAMO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My husband and I got our PADI Open Water certification today!!!

We were at Devil's Den and Blue Grotto in Florida. They seem to be very popular with students and people trying out new equipment or working on new specialties. I can see why, because they don't have waves or currents, the temperature is always 72 degrees, and it's interesting to dive in a cavern.

Caribbean, here we come!

Congratulations! Wecome to the club! :clapping:

Congrats. Enjoy your diving, and keep on learning.

Devil's Den and Blue Grotto are where I did my OW dives ten years ago. My instructor took me there knowing I wanted to cave dive. If you liked the cavern, please do not let yourself get drawn in to them before you train for them. Consider a cavern class down the road.

Stick around, get your husband to join, and enjoy your trip!

My husband and I got our PADI Open Water certification today!!!

We were at Devil's Den and Blue Grotto in Florida. They seem to be very popular with students and people trying out new equipment or working on new specialties. I can see why, because they don't have waves or currents, the temperature is always 72 degrees, and it's interesting to dive in a cavern.

Caribbean, here we come!

Waves and current are a blast! Come diving with us offshore sometime, it will be fun, I promise!

I am happy to hear that you did your checkout dives somewhere that wasn't Fantasy Lake. Congrats!

Last edited:
Yeah! Welcome to diving and to SB! Now start planning your next adventure - oh, and go ahead and get that second mortgage for all that gear you will find out you "need.". :D Enjoy!

Congrats, now it's time to get some gear and keep diving. Don't just stop after your Caribbean trip! Pretty sure North Carolina has some great diving as well.

Seriously though, when and if you are interested, you must at least TRY offshore NC diving. It is, on a good day, my favorite of all.

There are not too many women out on the boats here, I guess deeper, sharkier dives with a measure of current on occasion aren't every girl's cup of tea. :D Often I am the only one. We have a boat full of locals headed out to open the season, and every local female diver I know who will dive offshore here is on the boat, all 4 of us.

Seriously though, when you get the itch (and probably AOW and nitrox though I did not have either when I did my first offshore dives), let me know, we'll get you on the boat with some solid local divers and pair you and your hubby up with some experienced buddies.

Congratulations and Congratulations!

Be sure to seek good support as you transition to open water and local diving.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom