We need a SuprBugMan sub-forum! just to keep up with him!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was good to meet and dive with you PF. Door's always open for more :D.

Cool guys! Hey, Yoda, what's the club you belong to again? I forgot the name. I was going to check it out. Also, can you recommend a good charter in the PC/Destin area to go do some wreck dives? I want someone who'll let me dive my doubles, and won't hassle me a lot.

Thanks,

-P

The dive club is the Scubaholics.

Most boat operators around here take short trips to reefs (artificial and natural) that wouldn't qualify as wrecks. They like to stay close so they can get two boatloads a day in the water and in their wallet. If I were to go out with one of the operations here in Destin it would be ScubaTech. You might give them a call and see if they are running some special trips that you would be interested in.

PerroneFord:
Also, can you recommend a good charter in the PC/Destin area to go do some wreck dives? I want someone who'll let me dive my doubles, and won't hassle me a lot.

Thanks,

-P

Scubatech is who I go through in Destin as well. Call and ask first, but I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with you diving doubles, if you treated them as singles(ie, gas manage for half your available gas). I doubt they'd allow you to dive you're own profile with a class full of new kids with singles itching to get to the next dive site :)

Thanks guys,

ScubaKris, I really don't have that much interest in the bridgespans and the Black Bart. Those are OW checkout dives in this area. I'd rather go somewhere off the beaten path. I had intended to do the Grey Ghost this year, and still might, but it's a pretty fair haul out there. About as far as the Oriskany will be out of P'Cola.

In P.C.:

I'd like to do the USS Chippewa and the Accokeek. Both inshore. Both rarely visited by the cattle boats from what I can see.

In Destin:

I'd like to do the Liberty Ship/Thomas Hayward.

I'll look up Scubatech.

Hey... I'll be in Destin area May 6rh-13th. Traveling down the 6th but might be there in time for an afternoon dive. Sunday the 7th will most likely be going on a boat trip from PCB.

Hope to hook up with SeaYoda some during the week, but if anyone else is instered, let me know!

-Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom