WE NEED TO ACT NOW! Florida's goliath grouper still need our help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
You don't expect anyone to actually give any credibility to wikipedia, do you?

Did you find something incorrect for the content in that link? It looked okay to me.

Capt. Rich, is anyone allowed to attend this meeting or is it closed? My schedule is open and I would like to attend. I have been interested in what is going to happen with our grouper and this seems to be the place to find out that information.

Thanking you in advance for your response,

-MissD

Those who have a problem with wikipedia should take a bit of time to see how it actually works before condemning it as a chalkboard on the internet that anyone can post their their fantasies on. It is reviewed and edited by a large staff of highly knowledgeable individuals; if only the same could be said of what gets posted in internet forums. Rarely does anyone "cite" to wikipedia for authority, rather it is simply an easy and open link for all to access. "Regulatory Capture" is a widely respected idea in the field of government regulation and regulatory theory and is hardly something a random person made up on a whim.

As for the Jewfish, I was simply making the point that I am suspect of the motives behind a new regulatory proposal that seeks to harvest 800 grouper in the name of research. Eight or even eighty fish, maybe. But 800? This seems at odds with the fact that is currently a crime to harvest one here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom