Wear at the join between Kubi ring and drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use drysuit seam finish tape.

That is actually what I'm planning on using, except the type I have is glue on. I had to dig through my DIY supplies. I just wasn't sure it was abrasion resistant enough, but it looks like my best choice.

Finished job.

Attachments

• IMG_20240122_130335803.jpg
    IMG_20240122_130335803.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 38
Finished job.
Looks professional!

What is the reason it wears in that area? Are you going after lobster / artifacts in tight spots? I have a year / 60 hours on my suit (also Seaskin) and they look nothing like that... and I'm pretty rough. I do not have Kubi rings. I'm sure the 80mm isn't helping any.

Looks professional!

What is the reason it wears in that area? Are you going after lobster / artifacts in tight spots? I have a year / 60 hours on my suit (also Seaskin) and they look nothing like that... and I'm pretty rough. I do not have Kubi rings. I'm sure the 80mm isn't helping any.
Thanks.

If you do not have rings, you will not have this problem.

I don't stick my hands or wrists on/into anything except my camera grip and to
clip/unclip my sidemount tanks. It is because there is fabric crossing a sharp/abrupt edge. In this case it is worse since the fabric was stretched to go over the rings. Really a design issue.

Thanks.

clip/unclip my sidemount tanks. It is because there is fabric crossing a sharp/abrupt edge. In this case it is worse since the fabric was stretched to go over the rings. Really a design issue.
Don’t you kayak dive a lot?

Thanks.

In the pictures it just looks like a lot of wear and tear in that area. If you said you hunt lobster I'd believe you, lol.

My dry glove system is different but it still has rings. They do not bulge out like yours do though.

My kubi look nothing like this but I have the neo covers for them. I'll take a pic when I get home if i remember. I think the suit has 40-50 dives on it now.

Don’t you kayak dive a lot?
Not since I got my 12' powered inflatable about 3 years ago. However, my previous suit had the same tear and it was during my kayak diving days.

I'm pretty sure it is mostly from the hard bend where the sleeve fabric is stretched over the ring.

In the pictures it just looks like a lot of wear and tear in that area. If you said you hunt lobster I'd believe you, lol.

My dry glove system is different but it still has rings. They do not bulge out like yours do though.
I had reflective tape over the sleeve. Part of the 'wear' was just tape residue. The only real wear was a very thin line right over the proximal edge of the Kubi ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom