webbing for a back plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
any of you know wear I can get a custom length webbing for back plate . Is there any webbing out there that isn't so stiff thanks.

FredT or Bob3 might be good sources for your webbing. Be careful of getting too soft a webbing as it will not be as easy to get into and out of as the stiff stuff. Also avoid something slick like seatbelting as it will be very difficult if not impossible to keep adjusted.

Call Northeast Scuba Supply - they will send you whatever length you'd like, and you can even get it in whatever COLOR you'd like :D

I got my most recent webbing from Reef Scuba. Very good service. And, good prices. You can get whatever length you want!!! www.reefscuba.com

For softening regular webbing, folks report good luck throwing it in boiling water for a while.
I've had harness made for my own use by a parachute rigger but the webbing used requires "non-standard" hardware and/or rigging techniques. It's nice & soft though & has a 2000lb rating.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom