Wedding in Florida Keys, help please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gracias! i hope that all counties dont do that down there!?

Well we do have a lot of rules we have to follow for rentals:shakehead: But if your really good and know the right people you can get around anything :)

I'm not feeling well at all:depressed: If you can give me a few days I would love ya to pieces and would be able to give you 110% in helping you :cool2:
Thanks so much
Becka

absolutely becky! thank you very much! i'll give you a call in a few days. We still have about 15.5 months, so we are not in a total rush. We still have a Costa Rica trip to worry about this feburary! Thank you very much and we'll talk to you soon! hope you feel better soon!

Amoray has a beautiful setting on the bay for a sunset wedding. When I worked there, they did quite a few weddings. Weddings

http://www.amoray.com

This is the most exclusive property in the Keys, the "Rat Pack" used to visit it, Frank himself, and it's the place to "be seen".

I have been checking VRBO for you and there is a fab place that has 6 acres and a mansion on the water, when I find it again, I'll PM you. It's a private estate on the bay so the sunsets will be great.

I'd personally contact these guys and you won't regret what you did for yourself (set up a suite house for you and bride) and see how they can accomadate your guests. Just have some $$ ready they are not cheap. You only do this once (we hope) :)

Welcome to Ocean Reef - Ocean Reef Club

OMG a Keys resort with a dress code? :shocked2: :shakehead:

I'm getting married at Chesapeake Beach Resort in Islamorada. So far, I'd recommend them highly!

I'm getting married to this guy:lol: in Islamorada. We are very happy with Chesapeake Beach Resort so far. They gave us a good deal on room blocks for our guests and the manager, Thad, has been available to answer all our questions. We have an outside caterer from Islamorada Catering, Debbie, who also sets up all the chair/tables/servers/bartender, etc, in additon to the food. She also took us around to visit possible sites to have the wedding, free of charge.

There are many options in the keys so it would help to know what price range you are considering and what type of atmosphere you are looking for. We did a lot of research so I may be able to recommend somewhere that would fit your budget/style.

If you want more "party" atmosphere then I'd recommend somewhere in key west. Most of the upper keys are quiet & peaceful with not much nightlife. We chose Islamorada b/c it has a little bit of everything and isn't too far from the miami airport (about 90 minutes)....there are places to go out if you're into that (Holiday Isle), lots of water sports (which you'll find in all the keys), but there are still places to relax & enjoy some peace and quiet.

I would recommend visting before you book anything as I found that some of the websites were very decieving when it comes to the room quality. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thank you all for your help! We decided to come out early(this feb.) to check everything out and do some diving. We'll scope it out and see what we like. I think that we are going to try to find a beach house that we can have the wedding and reception at, as oppossed to a resort. If anyone knows of a nice beach house, we'd love to check it out!!! Thanks all!

Give Becky (Speargirl) a call, she can find a beach house for you.

RUNAWAY! RUNAWAY! RUNAWAY!!

RunawayBride-Logo.jpg

Perhaps he's been there and it didn't agree with him, too bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom